ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 (CSEP)..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TryllZ

Health Insurance for Stamp 1 Application..

Post by TryllZ » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:37 am

Hi,

I will be applying for Stamp 1 (currently on Stamp 1G) and the documents checklist says I need Private Medical Insurance (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Online-R ... ide[1].pdf), which I believe means I need to purchase Medical Insurance for myself.

My company offers Medical Insurance (https://www.vhi.ie/health-insurance/pla ... ndividuals), has anyone used company insurance in general instead of private medical insurance and received Stamp 1 or it has to be Private Medical Insurance.

Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Health Insurance for Stamp 1 Application..

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Unless they changed rules recently, you don’t need private insurance if you are a critical skills permit holder. There are some other types of Stamp 1 holders that may require insurance, but not all of them.

Of course I always recommend anyone living in Ireland to get a private medical insurance at all times.

Yes medical insurances offered by your company are still private medical insurances.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:31 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:19 pm
Unless they changed rules recently, you don’t need private insurance if you are a critical skills permit holder. There are some other types of Stamp 1 holders that may require insurance, but not all of them.

Of course I always recommend anyone living in Ireland to get a private medical insurance at all times.

Yes medical insurances offered by your company are still private medical insurances.
Thanks @littlerr

TryllZ

Questions regarding changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 (CSEP)..

Post by TryllZ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi,

I have a question about changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1. I have Critical Skills Employment Permit (only received approval after submitting Stamp 1G for renewal due to nearing expiry).

Now my Stamp 1G is renewed till 09th Sep 2021, will Burgh Quay change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 (for spouse application purpose).

If I make an application to change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 in Burgh Quay, does this fall under 1st Time Registrations or Renewal ?!.

NB: My Stamp 1G was 1st issued in Cavan, and renewed 1st time in Burgh Quay.

Thanks.

TryllZ

Re: Questions regarding changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 (CSEP)..

Post by TryllZ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:12 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:58 pm
If I make an application to change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 in Burgh Quay, does this fall under 1st Time Registrations or Renewal ?!.
Because if I go for an appointment for a new one it only allows to go ahead if I don't have a GNIB card which does not apply to me.

And if I go for online renewals it asks for permission type for renewal, I cannot find where to request to change from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1.

And to avoid going through unnecessary hassle, does the below from Online renewal mean I cannot apply if my Stamp has a validity of more than 1 month ?!

Please note that your IRP card expiration date must expire no later than one month from today's date in order to apply for an online renewal
Thanks.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Also how or where to apply for changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1, there has been no update on how to go about this since 20th July when applications were being emailed for this as on INIS update page.

27 April 2020 (updated 19 May 2020)

In light of the uncertainties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, as a temporary measure between now and 20th July 2020, applications for the following change of permissions may be submitted electronically to the Registration Office, Burgh Quay, Dublin (bqregofficeapplications@justice.ie):

From Stamp | To Stamp
Stamp 1G, 2 or 3 | Stamp 1 (Employment Permit)

Thanks.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:01 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:34 pm
Also how or where to apply for changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1, there has been no update on how to go about this since 20th July when applications were being emailed for this as on INIS update page.

27 April 2020 (updated 19 May 2020)

In light of the uncertainties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, as a temporary measure between now and 20th July 2020, applications for the following change of permissions may be submitted electronically to the Registration Office, Burgh Quay, Dublin (bqregofficeapplications@justice.ie):

From Stamp | To Stamp
Stamp 1G, 2 or 3 | Stamp 1 (Employment Permit)

Thanks.
Seems no one has applied for stamp change recently ?!..

Mtk11
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mtk11 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 pm

I have similar situation , how did u update your stamp ? I got my permit in sept and IRP of stamp 1G expires in Dec , I have applied through online renewal by changing the date ? I don't know if they will reject it on that basis , please let me know if I should contact them and ask to send my application back ? Or wait till they mail . also how many days it will take to get an update ? Please please reply I am really tensed , what to do if they reject ?

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:23 pm

Shreya22 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 pm
I have similar situation , how did u update your stamp ? I got my permit in sept and IRP of stamp 1G expires in Dec , I have applied through online renewal by changing the date ? I don't know if they will reject it on that basis , please let me know if I should contact them and ask to send my application back ? Or wait till they mail . also how many days it will take to get an update ? Please please reply I am really tensed , what to do if they reject ?
Have you applied for Stamp 1G or Stamp 1 ?

What I'm understanding is that because the online system does not accept IRP expiry dates more than 1 month from the date of application you have altered the date so as to get your application accepted online (correct my understanding if I misunderstood).

Just came to know a while back that to change permission stamps one needs to apply it as renewal and select the desired stamp. Someone changed from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 applying this way not sure how it makes it a renewal but that's what it is.

If you can cancel and get your documents back ASAP is much better (as I understand), false entries might not end up well.

If by update you mean update on the status of your application, its only once they have either renewed or they need documents they'll contact you. Contacting them is pointless, I never received any reply to any of my question asked over a month ago.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:37 pm

Shreya22 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 pm
Current time frames are about 1 month till they complete processing, and another 2-3 weeks till your receive IRP eve kf they have written 15 dYs minimum. From what I have read if they reject an application you can apply for a refund (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/on ... ublin-only)

Let me know your outcome of submitting with altered dates.

Mtk11
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mtk11 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 pm

Yes I have to update from stamp 1G to stamp 1 . Yes I altered the date to get accepted . I don't know how to get my documents back , I have already send my passport by post . I have mailed them but no reply . I don't know what to do .

Someone told me they are processing application , this way and many people did it successfully . I am confused if they reject , will I be able to re-apply or not ? I am not concerned about money but I don't want any issues with re-application.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 pm

Shreya22 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 pm
Yes I have to update from stamp 1G to stamp 1 . Yes I altered the date to get accepted . I don't know how to get my documents back , I have already send my passport by post . I have mailed them but no reply . I don't know what to do .

Someone told me they are processing application , this way and many people did it successfully . I am confused if they reject , will I be able to re-apply or not ? I am not concerned about money but I don't want any issues with re-application.
You can reapply if they reject..

Read the link under title Next Steps.

How to appeal: There is no appeals process. It is open to an applicant to resubmit their application.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:33 pm

Shreya22 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 pm
Someone told me they are processing application , this way and many people did it successfully .
Are you referring to applying with altered dates ?

Also if many people got it successfully then why would you be worried provided all your documents are in order.

Mtk11
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mtk11 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:15 am

I went to GNIB office , and ask if this creates issue ... However the guard say there has been many applications with after and before dates , but they will contact you if they want to know the reason .. so hopefully they process it .. I will let you know the end result

muyangli55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by muyangli55 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:53 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:37 am
Hi,

I will be applying for Stamp 1 (currently on Stamp 1G) and the documents checklist says I need Private Medical Insurance (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Online-R ... ide[1].pdf), which I believe means I need to purchase Medical Insurance for myself.

My company offers Medical Insurance (https://www.vhi.ie/health-insurance/pla ... ndividuals), has anyone used company insurance in general instead of private medical insurance and received Stamp 1 or it has to be Private Medical Insurance.

Thanks.
Hi, I have had the same issue with you, just got my new IRP card, without the insurance submitted. So it seems that list they provided is inaccurate.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:33 pm

muyangli55 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:53 pm
Hi, I have had the same issue with you, just got my new IRP card, without the insurance submitted. So it seems that list they provided is inaccurate.
Hi,

Did you submit original documents ?

If yes, did you receive your original documents back with the IRP.

Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:14 am

All supporting documents should be sent online. There is no ‘original’ document to be sent other than your passport and IRP.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:15 am

littlerr wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:14 am
All supporting documents should be sent online. There is no ‘original’ document to be sent other than your passport and IRP.
Thanks for clarifying, I failed to read that anywhere and had sent the original documents as well, and while my application has been processed and new IRP issued (09 Sep), I have neither have I received my IRP nor the documents till date, I have only received my passport.

muyangli55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by muyangli55 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:24 am

TryllZ wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:33 pm
muyangli55 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:53 pm
Hi,

Did you submit original documents ?

If yes, did you receive your original documents back with the IRP.

Thanks.
You don't need to submit any original document through the online platform as everything should be in pdf or jpeg format. But after the submission you will receive the confirming email which you have to print it out and post it to the office along with your passport and old IRP. It spent around 2 month now to receive the passport and the new IRP back (they were coming back through separate post, you will receive the email with anpost tracking number when the application is completed)

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:10 pm

muyangli55 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:24 am
You don't need to submit any original document through the online platform as everything should be in pdf or jpeg format. But after the submission you will receive the confirming email which you have to print it out and post it to the office along with your passport and old IRP. It spent around 2 month now to receive the passport and the new IRP back (they were coming back through separate post, you will receive the email with anpost tracking number when the application is completed)
I received the passport through AnPost with a tracking number in the email but not the IRP as the application processing email said the IRP is coming through Express Post with no tracking number mentioned, but I guess you waiting 2 months to get back everything is giving me the impression its going to be the same in my case, its juts 1 month so far for the IRP.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:30 pm

muyangli55 wrote:
Hi,

Can I know if you received 2 separate tracking numbers, 1 for passport and 1 for IRP ?

I received only 1 (for passport), in the auto-reply email from INIS it says they send IRP via Express Post which I checked with AnPost, AnPost said if its express port there must be a tracking number.

Thanks..

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:58 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:30 pm
muyangli55 wrote:
Hi,

Can I know if you received 2 separate tracking numbers, 1 for passport and 1 for IRP ?

I received only 1 (for passport), in the auto-reply email from INIS it says they send IRP via Express Post which I checked with AnPost, AnPost said if its express port there must be a tracking number.

Thanks..
You will not receive a tracking number for IRP.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:48 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:58 pm
You will not receive a tracking number for IRP.
Thanks..

Mtk11
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mtk11 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:19 am

Hi I applied by altering dates , and received processed email .. for change from stamp 1G to stamp 1

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:24 am

Mtk11 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:19 am
Hi I applied by altering dates , and received processed email .. for change from stamp 1G to stamp 1
Thats great, just wanted to know if somebody got it this way, I'm still waiting for my IRP so I can apply again.

Thanks..