ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-applying Irish Naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

osiris

Re-applying Irish Naturalization

Post by osiris » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:55 am

Hi

I've been in Ireland since 1994, but graduated in 2000 and have been working since. I initially applyed for Naturalization in Jan 2004, and after 24-26 months, was told I was uneligible as I was not in the state for 5 working years, even though by the time they processed my application, I was well over the 5 year requirement. I subsequently reapplyed, and was wondering if anyone had any previous experience with waiting times for a "second" application.

Thanks for any replies!

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:03 am

Don't be surprised if no-one on an online forum like this knows the answer.

Had you applied before the law changed in 2001/02 you would probably have been ok as they used to count time as a student.

You may want to apply for "long term residency" while you wait, if you don't already have it.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:24 pm

Its so frustrating that there are no clear guidelines from the dept of justice.

Waiting period for second application wouldnt necesarily be shorter as they are reprocessed in chronological order. They have to do the garda clearance and the check that you havent been claiming state benefits.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Re-applying Irish Naturalization

Post by JAJ » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:05 pm

osiris wrote:Hi

I've been in Ireland since 1994, but graduated in 2000 and have been working since. I initially applyed for Naturalization in Jan 2004, and after 24-26 months, was told I was uneligible as I was not in the state for 5 working years, even though by the time they processed my application, I was well over the 5 year requirement. I subsequently reapplyed, and was wondering if anyone had any previous experience with waiting times for a "second" application.
Are you in Ireland or the United Kingdom?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=