ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received letter from citizenship dept

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DublinGirl

Received letter from citizenship dept

Post by DublinGirl » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi guys my wife received letter from citizenship dept they are looking for one proof of residence for three months im bit confused which one we should send this is the format how they wrote kindly share your experience so we can decide.
e.g households bills other than vodafone and electricIreland,banks statement, mortgage agreement, tenancy agreement, hospital letter, doctor letter, etc
So as we understand they are not looking for vodafone and electric Ireland and we can send bank statements and others mentioned what you think guys? They didn't clearly mentioned which one we should send. THANKS

Saab313
Ireland

Re: Received letter from citizenship dept

Post by Saab313 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Any Utilities bill and Bank statement send them both. No harm to send more than one.

alaxa
India

Post by alaxa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:57 am

Hi I have a Tesco mobile bill it will be acceptable as a utility bill? Please any body let me know. Thanks

alaxa
India

Post by alaxa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:58 am

Hi I have a Tesco mobile bill it will be acceptable as a utility bill? Please any body let me know. Thanks

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 pm

I think yes As its mentioned in form-8 and page-2 for the acceptance of proof of address as below

"Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed, showing your name and address and date of issue, e.g. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, social welfare, letter from employment, etc."

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:12 pm

No, mobile phones are not *household* utilities. You can put whatever address you want with your phone provider. There is no address validation when you sign up to a network provider. I can order a SIM card online from abroad and fill in a local address.

The phone bill mentioned by aneelrahim refers to home phone, not mobile phone.

Do you not have any household utility bills or bank statements at all? That just doesn’t sound right. If you rent, you should also be able to get a rental agreement letter and signed letter from your landlord. If you are working or studying, your employer or college should be able to give you a letter of employment/study. If you have purchased health insurance, they should have issued you a letter. If you have a dependent, the dependent’s teacher or GP should be able to issue you a letter.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:22 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:12 pm
No, mobile phones are not *household* utilities. You can put whatever address you want with your phone provider. There is no address validation when you sign up to a network provider. I can order a SIM card online from abroad and fill in a local address.

The phone bill mentioned by aneelrahim refers to home phone, not mobile phone.

Do you not have any household utility bills or bank statements at all? That just doesn’t sound right. If you rent, you should also be able to get a rental agreement letter and signed letter from your landlord. If you are working or studying, your employer or college should be able to give you a letter of employment/study. If you have purchased health insurance, they should have issued you a letter. If you have a dependent, the dependent’s teacher or GP should be able to issue you a letter.
Yes littlerr is right. It is for landline telephone not the mobile

alaxa
India

Post by alaxa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:05 pm

Thanks very much everyone

alaxa
India

Post by alaxa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Dear , littlerr
If I purchase private health insurance it will be acceptable to DOJ ? CAN you Please let me know if anybody know