ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Temporary stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Corw

Regarding Temporary stamp 4

Post by Corw » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Dear respected Group members
my husband recently received his initial stamp 4 on the basis of our marriage in ireland i am Eu citizen exercising treaty right here in Ireland and he is from visa required country,

We tried to make a appointment on the phone at our local garda station and they gave us 2 weeks later time and asking a bunch for papers which is we send off to INIS for initial temporary stamp 4
My question is that is that normal for them to ask for more paperwork then what is stated in the letter from Department of Justice INIS ?
or is it just giving hard time to the applicant ?
and how dose it take time to receive IRP after appointment ?
Thank you
Hope to hear from you soon
Regards

jeremiah_oluwaseun
Italy

Re: Regarding Temporary stamp 4

Post by jeremiah_oluwaseun » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 am

Depending on the Immigration officer,, some do ask while some don't bother themselves.
The person who attended to me in Dublin don't ask me any question apart from what was in the letter from INIS office.
In Dublin for example, i got my card 4 days after i got my Temp Stamp 4.
But outside Dublin takes two weeks according to INIS official website.

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm

We live in County Galway and when I phoned the immigration officer in Galway City, they asked for basically all of the documents that we already sent to INIS. The officer said their office is a separate department to INIS and that they needed to have the documents for their office so I just brought everything with me. My temporary IRP card arrived at their office 3 weeks after my temporary stamp was issued.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Corw wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 pm
my husband recently received his initial stamp 4 on the basis of our marriage in ireland i am Eu citizen exercising treaty right here in Ireland and he is from visa required country,

We tried to make a appointment on the phone at our local garda station and they gave us 2 weeks later time and asking a bunch for papers which is we send off to INIS for initial temporary stamp 4
My question is that is that normal for them to ask for more paperwork then what is stated in the letter from Department of Justice INIS ?
Thank you
Regards
They should not ask for much, only reasonable evidence that the person resides in their district.

If they ask for more than reasonably required , then make a complaint to the chief superintendent of the decision.

I will personally walk right into their office or at Burgh Quay and demand to see a supervisor.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm
Corw wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Thank you
Regards
They should not ask for much, only reasonable evidence that the person resides in their district.

If they ask for more than reasonably required , then make a complaint to the chief superintendent of the decision.

I will personally walk right into their office or at Burgh Quay and demand to see a supervisor.

They will ask u anything if they want.every Immigration officers has power to take decision on behalf of minster of Justice so if someone think going to supervise will solve ur problem then ur more then welcome to try.
When u deal with Immigration u can only request not demand.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:14 pm

jeremiah_oluwaseun wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 am
Depending on the Immigration officer,, some do ask while some don't bother themselves.
The person who attended to me in Dublin don't ask me any question apart from what was in the letter from INIS office.
Fun fact people sitting behind the counter in GNIB burgh quay they are not "Immigration officers" they are clerical staff who deal with public, immigration officers sit on first floor. So next time if u have any issue they will leave the chair and go to Immigration supervisor on back of cubicles to ask Immigration.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:22 pm

If you take time to peruse my post, you will appreciate that I set out options and suggested the option of walking into their office as last resort.

With these type of application there is an obligation on the minister to issue. The minister has no choice. The courts in Ireland have ruled that the minister has an obligation to issue temporary residence and must do so until the point when all review rights has been exhausted.

I will not be stupid to tell an asylum seeker to demand, or a student or over stayer asking for section 3 consideration. I am telling a person with an enforceable EU law rights in Ireland to demand.

There is clearly a world of difference between the categories.

Some Garda department try to act beyond their remit, and one needs to ensure their rights are not trampled upon.

Ireland is not a strange place to me, I have worked here for over a decade
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jeremiah_oluwaseun
Italy

Post by jeremiah_oluwaseun » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:37 am

Yes, I know when i was fingers printed .
But they know everything the Immigration officers knows expect complicated issues.
Finepaddy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:14 pm
jeremiah_oluwaseun wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 am
Fun fact people sitting behind the counter in GNIB burgh quay they are not "Immigration officers" they are clerical staff who deal with public, immigration officers sit on first floor. So next time if u have any issue they will leave the chair and go to Immigration supervisor on back of cubicles to ask Immigration.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:10 am

Obie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:22 pm
If you take time to peruse my post, you will appreciate that I set out options and suggested the option of walking into their office as last resort.

With these type of application there is an obligation on the minister to issue. The minister has no choice. The courts in Ireland have ruled that the minister has an obligation to issue temporary residence and must do so until the point when all review rights has been exhausted.

I will not be stupid to tell an asylum seeker to demand, or a student or over stayer asking for section 3 consideration. I am telling a person with an enforceable EU law rights in Ireland to demand.

There is clearly a world of difference between the categories.

Some Garda department try to act beyond their remit, and one needs to ensure their rights are not trampled upon.

Ireland is not a strange place to me, I have worked here for over a decade

Demand to see the supervisor just cause Immigration officer ask someone same documents again ?

Why anyone has problem to provide same documents twice ?

With ur decade experience look like u demanded to see supervisor every year.

How on earth someone rights are in breach cause of asking same papers twice?

In ur decade experience u should know in many cases GNIB issued visas but local immigration officers refused to provide stamps just they wasn't satisfied.