ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relocating to Ireland with UK Visit Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mykhailiuk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Relocating to Ireland with UK Visit Visa

Post by Mykhailiuk » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi guys,

could anyone help me with this situation:

I'm a Ukrainian married to a British guy, and we'd like to relocate to Ireland to work and live before Brexit. There's a number of reasons why we couldn't do that long time ago, so we want to do it right now.

The thing is that at the moment I have my UK Visit Visa that is also valid for 90 days stay in Ireland - is it possible to enter Ireland with it and apply for a Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen under EU Treaty Rights?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Relocating to Ireland with UK Visit Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:31 pm

I have my UK Visit Visa that is also valid for 90 days stay in Ireland
A UK visit visa is not relevant to the Republic of Ireland. They are two separate countries with separate immigration systems, visas and rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mykhailiuk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Mykhailiuk » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:45 pm

UK Visit Visa gives the right to go legally to Ireland after the first entry to UK and stay in Ireland for 90 days for citizens of 17 countries, including Ukraine. That's why I ask, I'm going to stay in the country legally, but can I apply a Residence Card of a FamEU? At INIS site there's no restrictions about it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Mykhailiuk wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:45 pm
UK Visit Visa gives the right to go legally to Ireland after the first entry to UK and stay in Ireland for 90 days for citizens of 17 countries, including Ukraine. That's why I ask, I'm going to stay in the country legally, but can I apply a Residence Card of a FamEU? At INIS site there's no restrictions about it.
Where does it state that?? The guidance I have seen suggests this scheme only applies to Indian and Chinese citizens.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... e-uk-visas
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:56 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visa-short-tourist

You may be able to visit Ireland, for less than 90 days, without an Irish visa if you can answer “yes” to each of these questions:

Do you have an eligible UK short stay visa?

and

Does your visit to Ireland end before your permission to stay in UK ends (this is granted by an UK immigration official when you pass through UK immigration)?

and

Was your passport issued by one of the countries listed in the list below?

Countries

Eastern Europe

Middle East

Asia

Belarus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Montenegro
Russian Federation
Serbia
Turkey
Ukraine

Bahrain
Kuwait
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia

India
Kazakhstan
Peoples Republic of China
Thailand
Uzbekistan

Mykhailiuk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Mykhailiuk » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:49 pm
Mykhailiuk wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:45 pm
Where does it state that?? The guidance I have seen suggests this scheme only applies to Indian and Chinese citizens.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... e-uk-visas
Please, find the list of countries at the very bottom of the page - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/ir ... +programme