ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RES6 Form for Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SeamusT
Newly Registered
Ireland

RES6 Form for Spouse

Post by SeamusT » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:50 pm

Hello my Wife (from Brazil) and I submited our Res6 form nine months ago. I am self employed and run a arts and frames supply shop, recently my business is not doing well enough to support us both. Also with the eviction ban lifted rents have shot up sky high, and our land lord has told us to move out and we could become homeless.
It was during Covid lockdown she couldn't leave the country to renew her visa we moved in together and later got married.
She's highly qualified and gets job offers every week, yet cannot take the job due to the expired visa.
They say it takes a year for the RES6 to come through, but I can't wait another three to four months.
I already contacted a local TD and the department told him he can't interfere in the matter.
Does anybody have any advice on what to do.
Best regards.

meself2
Ireland

Re: RES6 Form for Spouse

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:22 pm

If I calculate the dates correctly, 9 months ago was just around summer 2021. when temporary extension due to Covid came to an end.
Looking at it from ISD point of view, it raises questions as to why she didn't extend her stay while her stamp is still valid, hence the wait, most likely.

What stamp was she on previously, why was she unable to renew it?
Why did you decide to go through marriage route, instead of eg sponsorship from work (since she's highly qualified)?
Does she have any permission to be in Ireland now?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.