ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Calculator / Certified Passport Help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Residency Calculator / Certified Passport Help

Post by mellowmeadow » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:30 am

Hello, please can someone help me with this? I am filling out the stamp residency calculator.
I have been resident in Ireland for the past 14 years but the calculator only goes as far as past 9 years (2013)
The stamp calculator says as follows:
Beginning with your 'start date', enter your oldest stamp below (including any partial period).
Then enter all other eligible stamp periods from oldest to newest.
I assume I enter the oldest stamp the calculator allows which is in 2013 (correct me if I'm wrong). However, do I then have to enter all the stamps in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016? I am only claiming the past 5 years of residency for citizenship (2017-2022)

As well as this, the instructions for photocopying a passport are as follows:
A full colour copy of your entire current in date passport and all previous passports
containing stamps that contribute to your period of reckonable residency claimed
Do I have to photocopy the passports for the years 2013-2016? The residencing that I cam claiming for is 2017-2022.
I am asking because photocopying all the passports and getting them certified is expensive and I want to know if the 2013-2016 stamps are necessary.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Residency Calculator / Certified Passport Help

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:47 am

mellowmeadow wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:30 am
I have been resident in Ireland for the past 14 years but the calculator only goes as far as past 9 years (2013)
Because that's the max reckonable residence you can claim.
mellowmeadow wrote:
Do I have to photocopy the passports for the years 2013-2016? The residencing that I cam claiming for is 2017-2022.
mellowmeadow wrote:
A full colour copy of your entire current in date passport and all previous passports
containing stamps that contribute to your period of reckonable residency claimed
Isn't that your answer?

You can always be on the safe side and fill in the whole 9 years, but if you're sure in your last five, I'd say you're grand just filling these ones in.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.