ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Calculator

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Irishspouse
Newly Registered
South Africa

Residency Calculator

Post by Irishspouse » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:42 am

Hello guys,
Thanks for all your help so far. Was looking at the Irish residency calculator online and it requires we put our stamps in and include breaks. I've never technically had a break in my stamp 4 (Irish Spouse) but I have left the country a few times for 2 months at a time. Do I just put in the dates of the stamps without including those breaks and just explain those in an affadavit letter or do I just break up the stamp into sections?
For example I got my stamp 4 in Sept 2020 and was in Ireland until June 2021 and then attended a education course in France for 2 months before coming back to Ireland.
Would I do:
sept 2020 - June 2021 stamp 4
Aug 2021 - present stamp 4
in the online calculator

OR

Sept 2020 - Present
and then just explain in the letter when applying for citizenship?

I find it quite confusing.

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Residency Calculator

Post by meself2 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:45 am

I put stamps as they are, without gaps, but made sure I cover my absences (stayed in Ireland for 5 years + however long I was out) and enclosed a spreadsheet with all my trips/days absent/etc, so it doesn't look like I have a gap in lawful status.
Not sure if it's the right way to go, since I haven't got a decision yet, but I'd expect that will work.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.