ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention of rights after divorce

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nick2731
Newly Registered
Ireland

Retention of rights after divorce

Post by Nick2731 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:27 am

Hi, I’m married with a British citizen from last 8 years and we are living in Ireland from Jan 2020. I have a stamp 4 in Ireland for 5 years.
Now things are not going as they should and we are planning for a mutual divorce in future, I’m a non eu national so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to stay here after we divorce. I have read online that we can go outside Ireland initiate divorce and come back to Ireland and then apply for retention of rights but I have some concerns. My wife who’s a British citizen is not working in Ireland anymore from almost a year now, so will it be a problem if we separate while she’s not working here ? Or we can go ahead with the proceedings. I’m very confused, I’ll be very happy if someone can throw some light on this topic as I’m unable to find any related topics on this issue.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Retention of rights after divorce

Post by Obie » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:40 pm

You should be able to retain your rights upon divorce.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Nick2731
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Retention of rights after divorce

Post by Nick2731 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:33 pm

Hi Obie,
Thank you so much for replying, you mean to say that it should be ok if my wife is not working in Ireland at the time of divorce ?
Thank you so much.

Warm regards,
Nick