ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Return of passport

Post by Chap1122 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 am

Dear all,
I have applied for Irish Naturalisation,but it has been 5 weeks and my passport has not been returned nor I have received any formal acknowledgement.
I was wondering if it is normal phenomenon or any experience like this with anyone else.After how much time they return our own passport?
Regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Return of passport

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:46 am

Based on a few people’s comments here, yes it is increasingly normal now.
You can always email them and ask for an update. Give them your tracking number.

dicarobernal
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by dicarobernal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi littlerr,

I am in the same situation here, applied for the Irish Citizenship and I sent all the documentation nearly 6 weeks ago and I still haven't received any acknowledgement regarding this.
When you said "Give them your tracking number." what do you refer to, which tracking number, the one from the post which they provided me when I sent the documents!?
In less than a month I have to attend a wedding which is abroad so I start worrying now.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Diana

dicarobernal
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by dicarobernal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm

Chap1122 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 am
Dear all,
I have applied for Irish Naturalisation,but it has been 5 weeks and my passport has not been returned nor I have received any formal acknowledgement.
I was wondering if it is normal phenomenon or any experience like this with anyone else.After how much time they return our own passport?
Regards
Hi Chap1122,
any news for you so far, did you received your passport meanwhile or you're still waiting?

Thanks and regards, Diana

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm

dicarobernal wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:19 pm
Hi littlerr,

I am in the same situation here, applied for the Irish Citizenship and I sent all the documentation nearly 6 weeks ago and I still haven't received any acknowledgement regarding this.
When you said "Give them your tracking number." what do you refer to, which tracking number, the one from the post which they provided me when I sent the documents!?
In less than a month I have to attend a wedding which is abroad so I start worrying now.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Diana
Yes the An Post tracking number is the only identifier they use before they issue you an application reference number.

dicarobernal
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by dicarobernal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick reply littlerr.
Do you know know by any chance what is the email address where I can request an update reading this?
Thank you so much for your help.
rgds, Diana

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:49 pm

citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

I would send them a letter as well as an email though. It forces them to reply to you in writing. Sometimes it takes them a few weeks to reply back by email.

dicarobernal
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by dicarobernal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Thank you so much, I will do both, letter and email ;)
Have a great day.
Regards,

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm

dicarobernal wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm
Chap1122 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 am
Dear all,
Regards
Hi Chap1122,
any news for you so far, did you received your passport meanwhile or you're still waiting?

Thanks and regards, Diana
Yes I got it

Tigs
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tigs » Tue May 28, 2019 11:21 am

Would you mind telling me if they told you if you had to send it back or not? I requested my passport back which I received yesterday, yesterday was exactly six weeks since they received my application. But they haven't told me whether I need to send it back or not so I am a tad confused!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue May 28, 2019 2:15 pm

Tigs wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:21 am
Would you mind telling me if they told you if you had to send it back or not? I requested my passport back which I received yesterday, yesterday was exactly six weeks since they received my application. But they haven't told me whether I need to send it back or not so I am a tad confused!
If they want your passport back, they will explicitly ask you to do that.

However, there's no harm sending them an email asking for a definitive answer.