ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second application/ rejection stats?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

niccim
Ireland

Second application/ rejection stats?

Post by niccim » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:31 pm

I submitted an application in March 2019 and am a bit paranoid about it being rejected.

I met the listed requirements for the spouse of an Irish citizen BUT I was out of Ireland for nine months (I still was here for more than one year continuously, and more than three years in total so this technically shouldn't be an issue the way I understand it).

I received a follow-up letter from INIS last month asking for details of the absence and I've sent that (it was for my husband's job). No word back yet.

I need to leave Ireland again for six months and I am considering submitting a second application before I go. Maybe that's crazy! :oops: But if my application is rejected while I'm gone I would be another year or more from submitting an application.

I realise I would need to pay again and put together documents, but that's fine if it increases my odds. Does anyone know if this is not allowed?

I read stats on the number of applications rejected/accepted at some point, but I can't see to find them now. Did anyone else see those? Just trying to get an idea of my likelihood, though I know a lot is up in the air at the moment.