ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Securing a mortgage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Beamsley
Ireland

Securing a mortgage

Post by Beamsley » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:12 am

I hope I am posting this in the correct area...

My wife and I are moving to Ireland from England in July 2023. We have had an offer on a house accepted and need to secure a mortgage (<50%) but have been told it might be that we need to be residents for x months (not clear if it might be 6 or 12 months).

Would anyone know the criteria? We have contacted a few mortgage brokers and are waiting to hear back from them.

Someone has mentioned an alternative might be a buy-to-let to secure the property and then change to a resident mortgage when the, at present, unknown criteria has been met.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Securing a mortgage

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:09 pm

This is an immigration forum so probably isn’t the best place to discuss this. The likes of Boards.ie and Reddit would be more suitable.

Each institution sets out their own criteria, but yes most will require you to be a resident for at least 6-12 months, or even more. They usually require you to have a job in Ireland with salaries directly deposited to your bank account, so they can inspect how much you truly earn and spend over the course or at least 6 months.