ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Stay Multiple Entry Visit Visa Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Short Stay Multiple Entry Visit Visa Query

Post by Sazhar » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:58 pm

Hi All.
(I am sorry if this Post isn't relevant to the Forum).
My Parents are on "Multiple Entry" Short-Stay Type C Visit Visit, approved for 1 year. They will be 3 months (90 days) in early-November.
Just wondering if they can stay for 2-3 more weeks (beyond 90 days)?
We dont have any Childminder for our Children, while we both work; so their presence will help us a lot.

I know that for an ordinary "Single Entry" Visit Visa, you are allowed to stay for upto 90 days but not sure if it's the same rule for "Multiple Entry" Visit Visa as well.
Anybody with similar experience please reply....

meself2
Ireland

Re: Short Stay Multiple Entry Visit Visa Query

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:46 pm

Sazhar wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:58 pm
I know that for an ordinary "Single Entry" Visit Visa, you are allowed to stay for upto 90 days but not sure if it's the same rule for "Multiple Entry" Visit Visa as well.
It's still the same visit visa.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... iend-visa/
To come to Ireland to visit family or friends for less than 90 days, select the following options in AVATS:

Visa type: ‘Short Stay (C)

Reason for travel: ‘Visit Family/Friend’

Journey type: ‘Single’ or ‘Multiple’ (as appropriate for you).
The landing stamp shows the reason for your visit (For example, tourism) and how long you can stay, up to a maximum of 90 days.
They can theoretically apply to extend the stay, but lack of childminder won't be considered as exceptional circumstances by ISD.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:11 pm

The maximum number of days in a single stay is mentioned both on the visa sticker and in the immigration stamp when they arrive at the airport. It should be 90 days but sometimes can be shorter. They should always refer to that stamp in the passport and they cannot stay beyond that date unless they apply for permission from INIS. As meself2 mentioned, childcare isn’t a permissible reason. After all the visa is for the purpose of visiting relatives, not minding them.

Humaira06
Newly Registered

Post by Humaira06 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:56 am

Hello

I have a question.

I have been granted 'short stay single entry 90days visa', my question is can i Enter Ireland only once or multiple times untill 90days period is over?

Please help.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:25 am

Humaira06 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:56 am
Hello

I have a question.

I have been granted 'short stay single entry 90days visa', my question is can i Enter Ireland only once or multiple times untill 90days period is over?

Please help.
If it states "single entry", that means you can enter it only once.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Humaira06
Newly Registered

Post by Humaira06 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:08 pm

Ok.

On visa stamp it says number of entries: 1

But when i asked the Immigration Officer at Dublin airport, he said before Covid, once you enter Ireland, you were allowed to re-enter again untill the leave expires. So i was confused.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:12 pm

You definitely misheard or understood it wrong. Ireland’s visa system has not been changed in decades.

A single entry visa means a single entry. The only exception is the UK-Irish visa scheme which allows you to enter UK and come back to Ireland on a single-entry visa.