ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 Transition, Documents Requirements ?!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TryllZ

Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 Transition, Documents Requirements ?!

Post by TryllZ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:18 pm

Hi,

I'm reaching my end of Critical Skills permit and need Support Letter from the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment. I have gone through the requirements, and it says the following.

The form must be accompanied by the following documentation:

Confirmation of current employment

A letter from their employer, dated within the last 3 months confirming the Critical Skills/Green Card Employment Permit holder’s employment with that employer and his or her job title. - Understood

Confirmation of remuneration paid

Copies of 3 recent payslips issued to the holder of the Employment Permit dated within the last 4 months, and - Understood

Copies of P60s/Employment Detail Summaries issued to the holder of the Employment Permit for each year of employment covering the duration of the Critical Skills/Green Card Employment Permit, and - Understood

Documentary evidence of payments in respect of Health Insurance, if applicable. - Not Understood

I could not understand the last point, what is it asking for, health insurance ?, or a document from my company to see if are paying for my health insurance, or anything else ?

I have gone through https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... -Guide.pdf, nothing of health insurance is mentioned for Stamp 4, and no mentioning of transitioning from Stamp 1 to Stamp 4.

Thank You

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 Transition, Documents Requirements ?!

Post by mentalmind » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:30 pm

Normally non-EU national needs to have health insurance when they are residing in state. This is part of documents asked for yearly IRP renewal thou I was never asked one to proceed. This might be especially for people that has residence permission based on their family members/SO and if they are not working (because they are not working, they will be a burden to state when they use public health system).

IF you have health insurance, you can see your yearly renewal letter that shows policy members and how much they pay. That should be suffice to prove that you pay for health insurance.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:34 pm

Thanks for clarifyng that, it says, If Applicable not sure what that is suppose to mean ?!

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:38 pm

If you have health insurance then attach the payment/confirmation document. If not, then do nothing

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:18 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:38 pm
If you have health insurance then attach the payment/confirmation document. If not, then do nothing
Thanks for clarifying.

lucemi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lucemi » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:53 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:18 pm
Hi,

I'm reaching my end of Critical Skills permit and need Support Letter from the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment. I have gone through the requirements, and it says the following.

The form must be accompanied by the following documentation:

Confirmation of current employment

A letter from their employer, dated within the last 3 months confirming the Critical Skills/Green Card Employment Permit holder’s employment with that employer and his or her job title. - Understood

Confirmation of remuneration paid

Copies of 3 recent payslips issued to the holder of the Employment Permit dated within the last 4 months, and - Understood

Copies of P60s/Employment Detail Summaries issued to the holder of the Employment Permit for each year of employment covering the duration of the Critical Skills/Green Card Employment Permit, and - Understood

Documentary evidence of payments in respect of Health Insurance, if applicable. - Not Understood

I could not understand the last point, what is it asking for, health insurance ?, or a document from my company to see if are paying for my health insurance, or anything else ?

I have gone through https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... -Guide.pdf, nothing of health insurance is mentioned for Stamp 4, and no mentioning of transitioning from Stamp 1 to Stamp 4.

Thank You
Well, something you are mixing up a bit, it is in relation with the Letter you will get from the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment. They are asking for that Health insurance, specifically from your employer (If applicable, as it says). 

Once you have obtained that letter is when you would need to check what documents are required to get the stamp 4, it is the moment to check immigration website, not before. Actually, the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment says in that letter, this is not a guarantee you will get the Stamp 4. Does this makes sense? Good luck requesting that letter.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:26 pm

If you are a CSEP holder, you don’t need to have private health insurance, so it doesn’t apply to you.

As a general rule of thumb, we always encourage everyone to have insurance in place just for their own sake.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:44 pm

Thanks all,

No I'm not confusing between the Support Letter for Stamp 4, and Stamp 4.

My CSEP permit expires on 28th Sep, I'm moving to a new house on 15th Sep, should I apply now or after the 15th as I don't know how much time it takes ?

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:19 pm

Also what is the GNIB Number https://i.ibb.co/K0W3fh3/Untitled.png being asked in the Request for Support Letter Application Form, is it the IRP Card Number or the IRP Registration Number on the back side of the card.

lucemi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lucemi » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:24 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:44 pm
Thanks all,

My CSEP permit expires on 28th Sep, I'm moving to a new house on 15th Sep, should I apply now or after the 15th as I don't know how much time it takes ?
Oh sorry to say this, unfortunately you didn't ask about this before. But you could apply 3 months ago, the departments of job allows you to request the letter 3 months in advance, I don't know if you are a bit late, but bear in mind that it takes time, plus the renewal for your stamp 4 would be late too, I hope your IRP Card will still valid. So it won't affect your visa renewals records

lucemi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lucemi » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:25 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:44 pm
Thanks all,

Oh sorry to say this, unfortunately you didn't ask about this before. But you could apply 3 months ago, the departments of job allows you to request the letter 3 months in advance, I don't know if you are a bit late, but bear in mind that it takes time, plus the renewal for your stamp 4 would be late too, I hope your IRP Card will still valid. So it won't affect your visa renewals records

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:18 am

Thanks, yes IRP is valid till Dec so no issues there..

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:09 am

TryllZ wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:19 pm
Also what is the GNIB Number https://i.ibb.co/K0W3fh3/Untitled.png being asked in the Request for Support Letter Application Form, is it the IRP Card Number or the IRP Registration Number on the back side of the card.
tbh not sure, but card number is specifically for this card, while registration number will stay the same regardless of the card
probs the reg number, but send them an email and ask them I'd say!
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:49 pm

Thanks..

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:23 am

I always used my registration number for the IRP card number. In fact, it is what they point out in the renewal when they ask for the number (there is an info button on the form).

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:48 am

Thanks All,

I have gone through this document https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... -Guide.pdf, it shows renewal for Stamp 4 from other types but does not show document requirements for renewal from Stamp 1 to Stamp 4.

Anyone know what documents are required for changing from Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 ?

Thank You

markod
Newly Registered
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by markod » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:01 am

I submitted copies of:
- Latest employment detail summary
- Work permits (I was on General so submitted two of them covering 5 years in total).
- Passport
- latest stamp 1 IRP

Got my IRP stamp 4 with no issues.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:47 am

Thanks @markod

If anyone else has information for CSEP, please do add..

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:23 am

Insurance is not mandatory. I did not submit any health insurance evidence and received my letter.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:27 am

Thanks, how much time did the letter take from the time your submitted the application, if you remember ?

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:53 am

Email sent: 09/8/21
Letter (email) received: 15/9/21

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:59 am

Based on my enquiry from Garda, the following documents are required for Stamp 1 on CSEP.

1) Passport

2) Certificate of Registration (IRP card)

3) Critical Skills Employment Permit

4) Letter from the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment confirming your continuing employment

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:31 pm

Can someone confirm if there is any fees for changing from Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 ?

Thanks..

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:42 pm

TryllZ wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:31 pm
Can someone confirm if there is any fees for changing from Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 ?

Thanks..
No extra fees, just the usual €300 IRP card cost

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:12 am

mentalmind wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:42 pm
No extra fees, just the usual €300 IRP card cost
Thanks..