ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1G (graduate scheme) validity start/end date.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

meself2
Ireland

Stamp 1G (graduate scheme) validity start/end date.

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:26 am

Hi folks,

I've received stamps based on ISD letters so far. Those either mention a certain end date in the letter or state something like "2 years from the date of this letter". However, I was asked by a person I know about 1G as Graduate Programme - what is start and end date going to be (for online renewal)? Is it 12 months from the date of approval online or from the date of document submission?

Might be overthinking but there are some tight timelines for this person's situation and they wanted to know how much longer they can stay in teh country for.

Cheers!
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CatBrom
Canada

Re: Stamp 1G (graduate scheme) validity start/end date.

Post by CatBrom » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:45 pm

Online renewal can be done 12 weeks from expiry on the IRP like for everyone else. The Stamp 1G is valid until the card expires, and depending on the level of education they have either 1 year or 2 years.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:31 pm

CatBrom wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:45 pm
Online renewal can be done 12 weeks from expiry on the IRP like for everyone else. The Stamp 1G is valid until the card expires, and depending on the level of education they have either 1 year or 2 years.
But when does the card validity start, when they submit the documents to ISD or when it's approved?

Let's say I graduated on May 1st 2023, applied for switch to 1G on May 2nd 2023. It was approved on July 5th 2023.

Will I have permission to be in the State from May 2nd 2023 or July 5th 2023? The latter option would give 2 extra months to the former student, hence the request for clarification.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

handoubleu
United States of America

Post by handoubleu » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:33 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:26 am
Hi folks,

I've received stamps based on ISD letters so far. Those either mention a certain end date in the letter or state something like "2 years from the date of this letter". However, I was asked by a person I know about 1G as Graduate Programme - what is start and end date going to be (for online renewal)? Is it 12 months from the date of approval online or from the date of document submission?

Might be overthinking but there are some tight timelines for this person's situation and they wanted to know how much longer they can stay in teh country for.

Cheers!
Similar situation and likely going to email INIS. I applied to renew within time, but only received my new IRP card today.

When I received my first 1G permission, my IRP card showed the date of issue as February 2022 with an expiration of February 2023 - 1 year validity from date of issue. My new IRP shows date of issue March 2023, but expiration date as 1 year from the first's expiration date - expires one year from February 2023.

In the first case it seems the year began upon the approval online rather than date of document submission. The renewal start date then was based on the first's expiration date rather than the approval date.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:34 pm

handoubleu wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:33 pm
meself2 wrote:
Hi folks,

Cheers!
Similar situation and likely going to email INIS. I applied to renew within time, but only received my new IRP card today.

When I received my first 1G permission, my IRP card showed the date of issue as February 2022 with an expiration of February 2023 - 1 year validity from date of issue. My new IRP shows date of issue March 2023, but expiration date as 1 year from the first's expiration date - expires one year from February 2023.

In the first case it seems the year began upon the approval online rather than date of document submission. The renewal start date then was based on the first's expiration date rather than the approval date.
Awesome, cheers!

Did you apply online in Dec 2021 then for first one?

handoubleu
United States of America

Post by handoubleu » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:40 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:34 pm
handoubleu wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:33 pm
meself2 wrote:
Hi folks,

Cheers!

Awesome, cheers!

Did you apply online in Dec 2021 then for first one?
I should note that my first was given during COVID - unsure if that had any affect. Essentially, my Stamp 2 expired Dec 2021, and I applied for 1G before that. Then due to COVID covers/extensions I was able to legally stay in the State until they made a decision on the 1G. They issued it Feb 2022 with expiration Feb 2023, but, seeing the approach they took with my renewal, I am uncertain if they would back date a permission now e.g. if a permission expires 05 May, person applies 30 April, and the IRP is not issued until June, they might have the expiration for the new card as 1 year from 05 May rather than the June date i.e. date of first permission's expiration rather than date of issue.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:28 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:31 pm
CatBrom wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:45 pm
But when does the card validity start, when they submit the documents to ISD or when it's approved?

Let's say I graduated on May 1st 2023, applied for switch to 1G on May 2nd 2023. It was approved on July 5th 2023.

Will I have permission to be in the State from May 2nd 2023 or July 5th 2023? The latter option would give 2 extra months to the former student, hence the request for clarification.
It starts the day it was issued. You have permission to remain in the state while it is processed.