ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 and extended leave

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ShajGupta
Newly Registered
United States of America

Stamp 4 and extended leave

Post by ShajGupta » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi,

I am unable to find any information about this topic. I moved to Ireland last year on a Stamp 4 (based on previous Critical Skill work permits from previous stays) and it expires in 2021.

I have a big medical procedure coming up and I am unable to get appointment with an Irish doctor in a reasonable time (Beacon Hospital + Vhi). So I am planning to go back to home country to do the procedure which takes 6 months of recovery time.

Obviously, I might have to quit my current job and move back for 6 months. Will this affect my immigration status? I have left the country several time on Stamp 1 and always have to reapply another Critical skill work permit and visa. However, I am not sure the situation with Stamp 4.

Appreciate any advice on this.

sajidkhan123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Stamp 4 and extended leave

Post by sajidkhan123 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi,
My wife is facing the same situation of >90days leave outside Ireland. Do u have any final word whether we have to apply for new Long stay visa again despite IRP card is valid?

ShajGupta
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Stamp 4 and extended leave

Post by ShajGupta » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:04 am

I finally got an answer from INIS. In general, you're expected to not leave Ireland more than 3 months in a single year as an IRP cardholder.

Pasting them here:

"""
In general, an immigration permission allows for extended absences from the
State only in exceptional circumstances, including travelling for medical
treatment that is not available to the holder in the State.

I would strongly advise you to keep documentary evidence of your medical
procedure and recovery from the relevant medical authorities as you may be
required to produce these when seeking to renew your permission.
""""