ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 and redundancy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

VarM
Newly Registered
India

Stamp 4 and redundancy

Post by VarM » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:40 am

Hi , I have a stamp 4 and my role at my job may become redundant. Do i need to take any steps to inform immigration while I look for other jobs? What is the best practice in my case?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 and redundancy

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:37 am

how did you get stamp 4? Is it CSEP (critical skills) or LTR or something else?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:36 pm

VarM wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:40 am
Hi , I have a stamp 4 and my role at my job may become redundant. Do i need to take any steps to inform immigration while I look for other jobs? What is the best practice in my case?
Once I have been redundant with s4, if you have been working for over 2 years, you may apply on Jobseeker benefits, it helps to support your life until find a new job, I would not recommend to stay longer then some appropriate time, since you need to pay tax after you find a job for this benefit.
You have an option to inform the Inis, if you could not find a job for month or two, but there is no defined time for that, unless you are close to updating stamp.
I started looking for the new job once was informed about redundancy, once I was redundant, I applied on Jobseeker benefits (be aware you have to say about that once applying for citizenship) after 4 weeks I started my new job, informed Social welfare office, and pay taxes at new fiscal year, after 6 months I have applied and got my new stamp 4 without any problems. Good luck to find new job, enjoy this time, hope your redundancy payment will be good (if that is over some huge amount of money you may not be eligible for benefits)!

VarM
Newly Registered
India

Post by VarM » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:34 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:37 am
how did you get stamp 4? Is it CSEP (critical skills) or LTR or something else?
Through CSEP. So after 2 years of working on a CSEP.

VarM
Newly Registered
India

Post by VarM » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:39 pm

jesonnn wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:36 pm
VarM wrote:
Once I have been redundant with s4, if you have been working for over 2 years, you may apply on Jobseeker benefits, it helps to support your life until find a new job, I would not recommend to stay longer then some appropriate time, since you need to pay tax after you find a job for this benefit.
You have an option to inform the Inis, if you could not find a job for month or two, but there is no defined time for that, unless you are close to updating stamp.
I started looking for the new job once was informed about redundancy, once I was redundant, I applied on Jobseeker benefits (be aware you have to say about that once applying for citizenship) after 4 weeks I started my new job, informed Social welfare office, and pay taxes at new fiscal year, after 6 months I have applied and got my new stamp 4 without any problems. Good luck to find new job, enjoy this time, hope your redundancy payment will be good (if that is over some huge amount of money you may not be eligible for benefits)!
Thanks for your response. I'm no way close to renewing my stamp 4.. in fact I just got it 4 weeks ago.. So do you suggest I need not tell INIS unless it's taking me really long to find another job? Am I legally obligated to let them know?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:36 pm

VarM wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:39 pm
jesonnn wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:36 pm
VarM wrote:
Thanks for your response. I'm no way close to renewing my stamp 4.. in fact I just got it 4 weeks ago.. So do you suggest I need not tell INIS unless it's taking me really long to find another job? Am I legally obligated to let them know?
Well, i didn't find somewhere the rule to inform inis, I guess I will find job quite quick, so I think it is up to you, I was only 4 weeks with no job and I didn't inform, it was 3 years ago