ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EUFAM help Please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kamak92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 4 EUFAM help Please

Post by Kamak92 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Hello there,
I am Polish National and my husband is Indian. We got married few months back, and we got to apply for stamp4EUFAM. My husband has currently a stamp4. Recently i Lost my job and I am unemployed at this moment. Do we still stand a chance in getting stamp4EUFAM or I Need to be working?

Ramsz
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 EUFAM help Please

Post by Ramsz » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Are you trying to get another job or you are on social assistance already ?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Kamak92 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 pm
Hello there,
I am Polish National and my husband is Indian. We got married few months back, and we got to apply for stamp4EUFAM. My husband has currently a stamp4. Recently i Lost my job and I am unemployed at this moment. Do we still stand a chance in getting stamp4EUFAM or I Need to be working?
If he's currently employed and able to support both of you without any need of social assistance from the government and you have private medical insurance covering both of you then yes, there is a chance he can get Stamp 4 EUFAM.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi,

As far as I am understanding it, even if you have lost your jobs - as per EU Directive Article 7 - Point 3(c) - you can keep your worker status for at least 6 months.

Article 7 - Point 3 (c) states that:
he/she is in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after completing a fixed-term employment contract of less than a year or after having become involuntarily unemployed
during the first twelve months and has registered as a job-seeker with the relevant
employment office. In this case, the status of worker shall be retained for no less than six
months;

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Kamak92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kamak92 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:16 pm

I m not on social. I want to Find another job asap. But When filling the form EU1 about EU National activity. If I choose option D) unemployed, i have to give p60 from last two years, p45, they are asking also about letter that I m registered as a jobseeker. If I can’t provide some of the documents I have to write down the reason behind it.

Kamak92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kamak92 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm

So I m not sure should I go and sign on, or write down explanation about my last job why I left and that I m trying to find another one.