ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 to Stamp 1A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

heretofindmyself
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 4 to Stamp 1A

Post by heretofindmyself » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm

First of all, thanks for the space and for all the help from this board. I'm looking for some advise related to the application for the VISA 1A.

I know that all the leaflets from the Immigration office only mention the certificate from ACCA, however, my plan is to be registered in a course provided by CIMA. So, is CIMA also accepted to apply to this specifically visa?

Does anybody knows which information is required from the Employer and if the position needs to be Trainee? At the moment I'm already working in Finance (Full time)

My case is really specific as I'm trying to migrate from Stamp 4 to Stamp 1A (Right to stay revoked and the last representation to stay have been sent). I already work as Credit and Collections Analyst, and I can see a good opportunity to improve my skills, keep my job and the option to stay in Ireland.

Many thanks!

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 to Stamp 1A

Post by kupuser » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:16 am

heretofindmyself wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm
First of all, thanks for the space and for all the help from this board. I'm looking for some advise related to the application for the VISA 1A.

I know that all the leaflets from the Immigration office only mention the certificate from ACCA, however, my plan is to be registered in a course provided by CIMA. So, is CIMA also accepted to apply to this specifically visa?

Does anybody knows which information is required from the Employer and if the position needs to be Trainee? At the moment I'm already working in Finance (Full time)

My case is really specific as I'm trying to migrate from Stamp 4 to Stamp 1A (Right to stay revoked and the last representation to stay have been sent). I already work as Credit and Collections Analyst, and I can see a good opportunity to improve my skills, keep my job and the option to stay in Ireland.

Many thanks!
From your message it seems you had a stamp 4 permission and it was revoked, you have applied the section 3 leave to remain and you would like to apply for Stamp 1A.

To apply work permits or another stamp you need to have a current and valid permission which can only be granted to you by an immigration officer or the minister.

Depending on why the stamp was revoked I'd say the department will not likely allow you to apply for such a permission. In my own experience I sought a permission from them to apply work permit but they said once your case is in that stage they do not give temporary permissions.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 to Stamp 1A

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:09 am

As kupuser mentioned, there is no legitimate way to change your stamp to 1A if your current status is revoked. Furthermore, even if your stamp 4 is valid, there is no normal way to change it to 1A. You have to write the letter to the relevant department of INIS if you do not wish to leave the state.

1A is not limited to ACCA. Any accountancy training firm with a proper licence can conduct its own training course. CPA, CAI etc all have different training courses.

Your employer must demonstrate that your job requires a 2-4 year formal training with CPA/CAI/ACCA etc. Your job title would have to be a trainee and you must only conduct work that is relevant for your training (although nobody is going to check this.)

If you are already working full time, I honestly can’t see how the minister can be persuaded into granting you a Stamp 1A permit without treating this as a workaround of staying in Ireland. If you have a good job already, while not applying for a work permit?