ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4D and De facto

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

handoubleu
United States of America

Stamp 4D and De facto

Post by handoubleu » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:53 pm

I will apply for a Stamp 4D this spring based on my partner and I living together for 2+ years. I know 4D is new-ish so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it? I know the information/necessary documents is more or less the same as that for an EU de facto partner.

I assume that all these are processed on the same time frame as well, which leads to my next question - does anyone have an estimate time frame for de facto processing times for applications made while already in the state? last I heard it was 9-12 months?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4D and De facto

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:05 pm

Stamp 4D is for family member of UK nationals. The de facto application itself doesn't have anything to do with the stamp number. They simply tell you in the end which stamp you will be given, if it's granted.

Last time I heard the application still takes around a year.

handoubleu
United States of America

Re: Stamp 4D and De facto

Post by handoubleu » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:13 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:05 pm
Stamp 4D is for family member of UK nationals. The de facto application itself doesn't have anything to do with the stamp number. They simply tell you in the end which stamp you will be given, if it's granted.

Last time I heard the application still takes around a year.
Can you confirm if in the withdrawal agreement they inserted a similar piece that would mimic when the UK was a part of the EU? Basically, something along the lines of providing rights akin to those under EUTR1A e.g. you cannot be removed during the processing period and such a decision must be made within 6 months. I am not seeing anything like this via the applications/explanatory leaflet, but was uncertain if there was something along these lines provided for in the withdrawal agreement etc.

My permission is good until next March; however, we cannot apply until May. My worry is it will take the full year which would leave me two months without a valid permission.