ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study/work in Ireland + steps after Stamp 2

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wise_mike
Newly Registered
Ireland

Study/work in Ireland + steps after Stamp 2

Post by wise_mike » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi,

I a non-eea who wants to live and work in Ireland. It is not easy to find a job there unless it is on the "Critical Skills Occupations List", and the General Employment has its own obstacles too.

I was thinking of applying to an ILEP programme to study English for a few months (4 to 8 months), and if the visa was approved I would get Stamp 2 Student visa (which would allow me to work part time/20 hrs. a week).

- By the end of my stay, what are the ways to extend the visa? Do I have to apply from my country, or I can do it from within Ireland?
- Do I have to sign up for another course so the visa can be extended?
- Can the visa be changed to Stamp 1G (or 4), or ILEP programmes graduates can't get that?
- Here it says something like: "Third level graduates from a non-EEA country who have been awarded a degree from a recognised third level education institution in Ireland may remain in Ireland for a period after their studies for the purpose of seeking employment". Is that "award" like excelling in the subject of study or something, or it just means graduating without failing (that's an English question!).
- Is studying English in a ILEP programme considered "Third level education"?
- If I can't do any ot the above, how can I stay legally in Ireland and have the option to work full-time? And later apply for citizenship?

Thanks,

joker
Ireland

Re: Study/work in Ireland + steps after Stamp 2

Post by joker » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:19 am

Not possible unless you're a computer programmer