ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tamp 3 to Stamp 4 - Parent of an Irish Child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PillowMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

tamp 3 to Stamp 4 - Parent of an Irish Child

Post by PillowMan » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:45 pm

Hi all,

IRP renewal for my wife and is coming up. I have stamp 4 through work and she has stamp 3 based on my permission. We have a child who is an Irish citizen, so my understanding is that my wife is eligible to get a stamp 4 permission. Can we apply for the change from Stamp 3 to Stamp 4 through the normal renewal form on the website? if so do I choose "Stamp 3" or "Stamp 4" for the question on the form? do we need to submit anything other than the birth certificate and the letter from the Doctor?

We had this last year and choose to continue with Stamp 3, as we didn't know if there would be an issue with switching stamps during the online renewal.

Many thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: tamp 3 to Stamp 4 - Parent of an Irish Child

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:01 pm

You can do it fine via online renewal if you live in Dublin, yes.

For documents:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... zen-child/
If you have an existing permission to remain in Ireland (stamp 1, 1A, 1G, 2, 2A, 3, 4) or if you have entered Ireland on a “D Reside Parent of an Irish citizen child” visa, you can go to your local immigration office to request permission. You must bring your Irish citizen child and the following documentation:

Your own passport
Your current Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB card
Your child’s Irish passport
Your child’s birth certificate
Documentary evidence of your address in Ireland (for example, utility bills)
Documentary evidence of your child’s address in the State (a doctor’s letter or school letter).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

PillowMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by PillowMan » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:54 am

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately the information on the website is incorrect. I know because a few months ago we gathered the mentioned documents and went to the immigration office (following the steps on the website) and they refused to let us in, telling us the information on the website is incorrect.
I did send the an inquiry by mail and they said that I need to fill the form (which on the website is mentioned only to be required only for people without a stamp, not people changing stamps).

We didn't mail the documents as by the time we got the answer, it was already time to renew the stamp and I didn't want to take my chances.

I want to see if anyone has gone through this process through the online renewal online? I don't want to apply for (stamp3 to stamp 4) online, wait a few months, get rejected, and then have to reapply for a stamp 3 renewal and end up with a gap between permissions. This is my main concern.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:06 am

Yes, they only accept first time registrations in Burgh Quay nowadays, that's why you're encouraged to do things online.
If you were worried about the chances of not getting permission, you should've applied after you got Stamp 3; if success, Stamp 4, if fail, you have Stamp 3 as a fallback.

Also, it takes 2 months or so to process online renewal and they allow you to submit documents 2 months in advance, so keep your timelines in check.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:45 pm

Whether you need to physically bring documents to an immigration office, or to use the online renewal platform, solely depends where you live. If you live in Dublin, you must use the online renewal platform.

Mng_two
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mng_two » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:16 am

I did apply online its been 1 week no response yet so still
Waiting for it..

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:17 am

Mng_two wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:16 am
I did apply online its been 1 week no response yet so still
Waiting for it..
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... al-dublin/
ISD are currently processing applications for renewal submitted from week starting 20/01/2023.
it'll take about 2 months in processing, if not more, including card postage.