ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Clearance Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

velton
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Birth Cerificate

Post by velton » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:02 pm

My wife, a Chinese national with permanent leave to remain in the UK, wishes to obtain Irish citizenship. She meets all the conditions bar one. She doesn't have a birth certificate. She was born in a rural area of China and birth certificates were not issued. Is there anyway round the requirement to produce a birth certificate?
To get a birth certificate in China, you have to apply in person but at present it is not even possible to travel to China.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Birth Cerificate

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:57 pm

There is no exemption. China allows international travels for Chinese nationals. I know the flight ticket price is horrendous and there are stringent quarantine rules ahead, but that is not an excuse that the Irish government will accept. They only accept affidavits when there is a genuine reason that prevents her from obtaining one (e.g. if she is a political refugee or if she or her family was persecuted by someone in her local government.)

All children born in China on or after 1 Jan 1996 were issued official certificates. Anyone who lost their certificate must apply for a new one from their local government.

Children born before that should apply for a notarised copy of birth registration. Most public notary offices in China should be able to provide that. Some may not require her to apply in person and simply need her parents or siblings to apply on her behalf.

velton
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Tax Clearance Certificate

Post by velton » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:21 am

My wife is applying for Irish citizenship through naturalisation. It seems that at every turn something else pops up. This time they are asking for a UK Tax Clearance Certificate. From what I can make out, HMRC only issue such certificates to businesses under certain circumstances. Has anyone encountered the problem of a Tax Clearance Certificate? Has anyone obtained one from HMRC? How did they go about it?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Tax Clearance Certificate

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:47 am

velton wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:21 am
My wife is applying for Irish citizenship through naturalisation. It seems that at every turn something else pops up. This time they are asking for a UK Tax Clearance Certificate. From what I can make out, HMRC only issue such certificates to businesses under certain circumstances. Has anyone encountered the problem of a Tax Clearance Certificate? Has anyone obtained one from HMRC? How did they go about it?
see this thread which might help with this and future queries: post2049369.html#p2049369
another success story with tax: post2065405.html#p2065405
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.