ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Stamp 4 - Employment Permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Ciklet
Newly Registered
Turkey

Temporary Stamp 4 - Employment Permit

Post by Ciklet » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:36 am

Hi everyone,
First of all, I am sorry that if there is a topic regarding my question, as far as I see, I just could not find any answer to my question.
I have received temporary stamp 4, but because Burgh Quay's closure I could not register it yet. Without registration, only the temporary stamp 4 letter received by EUTR gives me the employment permit? Or should I register it to receive the permit? Is there any exemption regarding covid situation?
EUTR division directed me to Burgh Quay, and Burgh Quay has responded with standard text, also I could not find any announcements on INIS regarding this.
Thanks,

littlerr
Diamond Member
China

Re: Temporary Stamp 4 - Employment Permit

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:32 am

You talked about EUTR and then employment permit. These two don’t usually appear in the same place.

How did you obtain your Stamp 4? Why do you want an employment permit? Normally only those who are about to get divorced or otherwise separated would apply for employment permit while on Treaty Rights.

Ciklet
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ciklet » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:19 pm

I might have explained it a little complicated.
I got temporary stamp 4 permission from EUTR as non-EU spouse of EU citizen. There is no getting divorced or separation situation, I am just waiting for my application to finalize. As far as I know, normally when I could register my stamp 4 permission, I do not need an employment permit, I should have an automatic right to work in Ireland. However, due to Burgh Quay's closure, I cannot register the permission. So I just wondering, do I have permission to work at this moment, or should I have to register?
Maybe I used "employment permit" in the wrong way. All I asking basically is, do I have a right to work in Ireland without registration of the stamp 4.

littlerr
Diamond Member
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:02 pm

Yes. You can work right away.

You can show INIS's official FAQ document (currently in Question 46) to the employer in case there's any questions.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigrat ... 9-FAQ4.pdf
Q 46. I am waiting for an appointment for my first-time registration and I need proof of my permission to remain to enable me to take up employment. What should I do?

In recognition of the impact of COVID-19 on customers using immigration services, Minister for Justice, Helen McEntee, T.D., extended all immigration and international protection permissions until September 20 2021. As soon as Burgh Quay re-opens you can register your permission in Dublin.
This should reassure employers that your permission is valid even though you are unable to register in Dublin as the public office at Burgh Quay is currently closed. If you have a difficulty please contact support@immigrationservices.ie

Ciklet
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ciklet » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:34 pm

That explains a lot.
Thank you for the help :)