ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel on an outdated IRP card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mlynster
Newly Registered
Poland

travel on an outdated IRP card

Post by mlynster » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 am

Hello Everyone

I am in process of applying for permanent residency based of Eu treaty rights. My temporary IRP expired now but automatic extension is announced. I am from visa required country. Can I do essential travel if my IRP shows out of date but this permission is automatically extended? They surely don't know about extension outside Ireland and the card is obviously outdated.

Thank you

Sunnydazeireland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: travel on an outdated IRP card

Post by Sunnydazeireland » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am

If you are from a visa required country you must have a valid IRP card to return to ireland

mlynster
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by mlynster » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:52 am

Thanks for clarification; so extension applies to residency only.
Is applying for re-entry visa the only solution to travel? If yes, how long approximately would it take to obtain these days?

grgpetrovich
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by grgpetrovich » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:29 am

mlynster wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:52 am
Thanks for clarification; so extension applies to residency only.
Is applying for re-entry visa the only solution to travel? If yes, how long approximately would it take to obtain these days?
Hi

I applied 7 days ago heard nothing..stanp 4 merried to Irish citizen..ni gnib card sent it with afidavit

Sunnydazeireland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Sunnydazeireland » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:09 pm

My understanding is that re-entry visas are only issued for u16.

Technically while the minister has granted extensions up to the 20th, the extension is to allow you time to register due to any backlogs in immigration offices around the country. If you were to walk into an office and attempt to register you would be refused as eu treaty rights have not granted you further permission in writing.

Based on that i couldnt see any re-entry visa being issued and you may well struggle to get an entry visa from the other country

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:26 pm

Re-entry visas are issued for those who have a permission to live in Ireland but do not have a valid IRP card. Up till now, the visa office has been asking people to just use the application form for Stamp 6 holders (even though you are not) to apply for a re-entry visa. As of today, it takes around 10 days to process the visa.

Since a few weeks ago, enquiries for re-entry visas have been moved to the central immigration enquiry email immigrationsupport@justice.ie. You should send an email to them and ask for the latest instructions, as they may have changed.

mlynster
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by mlynster » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Thanks Guys for helpful information.
I sent today morning an e-mail to Eu treaty rights and they sent me back letter with granted extension attached. But after filling online reg renewal and pressing submit, window unauthorized shows up. I sent another email this time to registration section and awaiting answer now.
Possibly re-entry visa will be the best choice nowadays.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:08 pm

If you have received an extension letter, go for the renewal route, as you don't need to send your passport away.

The website should be working as expected. If it doesn't work on yours, just get a different browser and try again. It takes forever for the registration team to reply back.

mlynster
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by mlynster » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:29 pm

Browser works ok; allowed me to fill everything and download documents; when I hit submit button : unauthorized message appeared. I try different browser anyway and let know what happens

mlynster
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by mlynster » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:49 am

Situation repeats on the other browser as well; unauthorized message while trying to send.
Is there any chance that they accepts walk-ins in burgh quay office to issue card or re-entry visa? for example fix date surgery appointment abroad or other emergencies?

Shade90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shade90 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:53 am

Hi I was just wondering can I travel with valid irish travel document but IRP expired since last month?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm

mlynster wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:49 am
Situation repeats on the other browser as well; unauthorized message while trying to send.
Is there any chance that they accepts walk-ins in burgh quay office to issue card or re-entry visa? for example fix date surgery appointment abroad or other emergencies?
There is no walk-in service these days, but you can try to go there if it's your last option.
You might want to take a screenshot of the exact error and send it to the email above, stating urgent in your email subject.