ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel options after naturalization is approved

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kseni
Russia

Travel options after naturalization is approved

Post by kseni » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Hey guys,
can you advise me on the travel and visa options for a period between naturalization letter of approval is received and the ceremony?

So say I have it approved, I send 950eur and my GNIB card, after this:
-can I travel in and out of Ireland? (normally to board a plane TO Ireland the airline crew asks for BOTH GNIB card and a stamp; if I won't have the card they might not board me based on the approval letter as it's not an approved doc in Timatic where they check all this)
-can I apply for a re-entry visa?
-can I apply for any Schengen visa?

Then after I attend the ceremony and apply for the Irish passport AND need to travel asap, what's the fastest time I can get the Irish passport processed?

Cheers

abelekhoh
Ireland

Re: Travel options after naturalization is approved

Post by abelekhoh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:44 pm

kseni wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:05 pm
Hey guys,
can you advise me on the travel and visa options for a period between naturalization letter of approval is received and the ceremony?

So say I have it approved, I send 950eur and my GNIB card, after this:
-can I travel in and out of Ireland? (normally to board a plane TO Ireland the airline crew asks for BOTH GNIB card and a stamp; if I won't have the card they might not board me based on the approval letter as it's not an approved doc in Timatic where they check all this)
-can I apply for a re-entry visa?
-can I apply for any Schengen visa?

Then after I attend the ceremony and apply for the Irish passport AND need to travel asap, what's the fastest time I can get the Irish passport processed?

Cheers
Hi kseni
when did you get your approval letter its good news
and i think you need re entry visa for that if you go out of from Ireland and when you come back you need re entry until you get your passport
thanks

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:42 pm

the thing is that they give re-entry on the basis of a gnib card, which i won't have, will they issue the re-entry visa without the card?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:58 pm

kseni wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:42 pm
the thing is that they give re-entry on the basis of a gnib card, which i won't have, will they issue the re-entry visa without the card?
Did you send your GNIB card already? If you haven't I would recommend to get a re-entry visa ASAP before you send your GNIB card.

In order to apply for a Schengen visa your GNIB card is required as well so if you don't have it with you unlikely any embassy will accept and process your application, that's the case at least when applying from Ireland.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:28 am

max307 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:58 pm
kseni wrote:
Did you send your GNIB card already? If you haven't I would recommend to get a re-entry visa ASAP before you send your GNIB card.

In order to apply for a Schengen visa your GNIB card is required as well so if you don't have it with you unlikely any embassy will accept and process your application, that's the case at least when applying from Ireland.

Hi max307,

How would you go for re-entry visa with Stamp 4 FAM? It does not require re-entry visa so what would be the basis of applying for one?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:00 pm

yala93 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:28 am
max307 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:58 pm
kseni wrote:

Hi max307,

How would you go for re-entry visa with Stamp 4 FAM? It does not require re-entry visa so what would be the basis of applying for one?
In this case OP requires to travel after the GNIB card has been submitted to INIS. As noted before by OP when trying to board a plane to Ireland airline staff checks GNIB card and/or passport stamp, given that OP won't have either of those the only choice is to apply for a re-entry visa.

The fact that Stamp 4 EUFAM holders are not required to apply for a re-entry visa to Ireland does not mean that they can't do so.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:45 pm

thanks for your replies!
i'm indeed on eu4fam and i haven't been approved with the naturalization yet, but assessing the troubles in the future now. So you'd say re-entry visa would work then even when i have a stamp and a card but tell them it's just in case?
cheers

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:49 pm

kseni wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:45 pm
thanks for your replies!
i'm indeed on eu4fam and i haven't been approved with the naturalization yet, but assessing the troubles in the future now. So you'd say re-entry visa would work then even when i have a stamp and a card but tell them it's just in case?
cheers
Yes, a re-entry visa stamp on your passport will suffice the airline staff when boarding a plane to Ireland. Make sure you get a multiple entries re-entry visa just in case you need to travel more than once.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:50 pm

also on re-entry website: 'If you are not in possession of valid IRP/GNIB card due to first time renewal or late registration, you may apply for a re-entry visa without the card.' maybe this work for the naturalization case as well?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:59 pm

kseni wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:50 pm
also on re-entry website: 'If you are not in possession of valid IRP/GNIB card due to first time renewal or late registration, you may apply for a re-entry visa without the card.' maybe this work for the naturalization case as well?
What do you mean by "maybe this work for the naturalization case as well?"?

It's mandatory that you post your GNIB card to INIS as soon as your naturalisation application is approved otherwise you won't be invited to a ceremony.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:08 pm

i know, i mean the quoted scenario is not talking about naturalization, but since with naturalization approval i send the card to inis I think this scenario works as well.
And i also think I can't apply for a re-entry visa while having card with me 'just in case', but I might check with the re-entry services.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 pm

kseni wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:08 pm
i know, i mean the quoted scenario is not talking about naturalization, but since with naturalization approval i send the card to inis I think this scenario works as well.
And i also think I can't apply for a re-entry visa while having card with me 'just in case', but I might check with the re-entry services.
Hi Kseni, did you manage to get any answer from the re-entry services office? I am having similar wishful thinking and wondering if someone has submitted GNIB after naturalisation approval, what are the options to get a re-entry visa afterward?

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 pm

You can travel without gnib, but must have valid stamp and visa in your passport. You can receive re entry visa without gnib - just attach a copy and the approval letter. When traveling, also carry a copy and the letter. No issues at all at the border. Also, never in 6+ years here was I asked to show gnib when boarding the plane

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 pm
kseni wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:08 pm
Hi Kseni, did you manage to get any answer from the re-entry services office? I am having similar wishful thinking and wondering if someone has submitted GNIB after naturalisation approval, what are the options to get a re-entry visa afterward?
I submitted my re entry visa application without gnib, but included a copy and the approval letter. Visa issued as usual, no issues

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 am

i haven't received reply from INIS on this :( but mrrobot's message is reassuring, thank you!

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 am

kseni wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 am
i haven't received reply from INIS on this :( but mrrobot's message is reassuring, thank you!
I travelled 5+ times like this already, you don’t need to be worried at all.