ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel or work in Republic of Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

buntyc
India

travel or work in Republic of Ireland

Post by buntyc » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:38 am

Hi,

I have the Global talent Visa. I understand that you can travel to Republic of Ireland without any additional documentation/approvals with UK visitor visa on Indian passport.

But on GTV(Global Talent Visa) you can neither travel nor work in Republic of Ireland with Indian passport without applying for a separate visa.

Please clarify

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: travel or work in Republic of Ireland

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 am

The British Irish Visa Scheme is for Indian nationals holding UK or Irish visitor visa. It doesn't apply to GTV visas. You will still need to apply for a visitor visa. Your GTV visa is only relevant to working in the UK.

https://www.ireland.com/en-in/destinati ... er-scheme/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Re: travel or work in Republic of Ireland

Post by Granista » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:40 am

The visa waiver scheme is suspended since July 2020 due to Covid, so it wouldn't apply to you in any case.