ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside country after submitting GNIB for Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dubliner1234
Newly Registered
India

Travel outside country after submitting GNIB for Citizenship

Post by Dubliner1234 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:08 am

I recently received a letter of approval for citizenship. So I have submitted my GNIB card for citizenship and now I have might have to travel outside Ireland soon. Is it possible that I can enter without GNIB card by showing the approval letter? I noticed that, regarding the GNIB submission, the letter mentions - "You should also be aware that once you submit your GNIB card, it will no longer be available to you for travel or other purposes".

How can I travel in absence of GNIB card?

Does anyone has a personal experience. Please share and advise.

andresapitt
Newly Registered
Argentina

Re: Travel outside country after submitting GNIB for Citizenship

Post by andresapitt » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:30 am

I am the Same, I just submitted my GNIB card, the photos and the 950 euros. I still don't have a ceremony date but I travel two or three times per month (work related). Most of the trips are a one day trip to the UK or Germany. I have one planned for next week, will I be able to re-entry the state with the stamp on my passport and the confirmation letter?

Thanks for the help.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:28 pm

A few people on this forum have mentioned that they're able to re-enter the country with the original approval letter and their re-entry visa.
I personally a student who enter into the state by just showing the receipt of the IRP card and the stamp in his passport. So I don't think it's a big deal after all.

andresapitt
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by andresapitt » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 am

I can confirm I was able to travel with my confirmation letter. They recommend that You contact your local Immigration Office or the Immigration Officer at the airport from which you are travelling to determine whetheryou will be able to travel without your GNIB Card. You should stress that you are being considered for inclusion to attend a Citizenship Ceremony and are required to submit your original GNIB card to this office for this purpose. I did just that and I re-entered the State without any issues.

Good Luck.

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:24 pm

andresapitt wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 am
I can confirm I was able to travel with my confirmation letter. They recommend that You contact your local Immigration Office or the Immigration Officer at the airport from which you are travelling to determine whetheryou will be able to travel without your GNIB Card. You should stress that you are being considered for inclusion to attend a Citizenship Ceremony and are required to submit your original GNIB card to this office for this purpose. I did just that and I re-entered the State without any issues.

Good Luck.
Did you contact them in advance of your travel via email or phone or on the date when you were travelling.

I am in the same Boat and have to travel to the UK for 4 days over the October Bank Holiday weekend.

andresapitt
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by andresapitt » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Yes, I contacted them via email and phone.

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:53 pm

hassaanhaque wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:24 pm
andresapitt wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 am

Good Luck.
Did you contact them in advance of your travel via email or phone or on the date when you were travelling.

I am in the same Boat and have to travel to the UK for 4 days over the October Bank Holiday weekend.
Hi hassaanhaque!
Congratulation for your approval could you please tell me when did you got you second stage Letter
Thanks