ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sorrels_mo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Travel to Ireland

Post by sorrels_mo » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:54 pm

Hi,

I am seeking some advice regarding my travel situation. I previously held a passport from my birth country(non-EU , but I currently possess a British passport. I applied for an Irish passport in the past, but my application was refused, and I was banned for five years. The ban was imposed because I traveled from Northern Ireland to Ireland without a visa and did not declare it in my application.

I am unsure if the ban is still in effect. There are still a few years left on it. Additionally, I am uncertain what would happen if I were to travel to Ireland using my British passport. Can anyone provide me with guidance on this matter?

Thanks

kcka
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Travel to Ireland

Post by kcka » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:33 pm

sorrels_mo wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:54 pm
Hi,

I am seeking some advice regarding my travel situation. I previously held a passport from my birth country(non-EU , but I currently possess a British passport. I applied for an Irish passport in the past, but my application was refused, and I was banned for five years. The ban was imposed because I traveled from Northern Ireland to Ireland without a visa and did not declare it in my application.

I am unsure if the ban is still in effect. There are still a few years left on it. Additionally, I am uncertain what would happen if I were to travel to Ireland using my British passport. Can anyone provide me with guidance on this matter?

Thanks
If your ban was based on your non EU passport I don't think you have to worry about it. However as you hold a valid British passport now you should be grand to travel to Ireland.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travel to Ireland

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:47 pm

What are you banned of? Making a new naturalisation application within 5 years, or travelling to Ireland within 5 years?

The ban would be very specific. If it says you are banned for making a new naturalisation application, that ban will stay regardless of your citizenship status.

If the ban says you are prohibited to travel to Ireland for 5 years, it is most likely that it would be limited to your non-EU passport. As a UK National, you can travel to Ireland without any restrictions.