ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel To Ireland with Tier 1 Expiring - Do I need any Visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukindian2
Newly Registered
India

Travel To Ireland with Tier 1 Expiring - Do I need any Visa?

Post by ukindian2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi
I am in UK on Tier 1 (General) and its expiring in less than 2 months. I am planning to visit Ireland for vacation.

My Questions please -
1. Can an Indian passport holder with Tier 1/2 visas travel without any visa to Ireland
2. If so, any minimum validity of those visas needed to be allowed. For eg., 180 days of valid Tier 1/2 etc.
3. If such work visas holders have no eligibility to freely travel to Ireland, what is the process to go on Vacation to Ireland.

I have been going to all sites and Irish Immigration site and there is

The Irish Short-stay Visa Waiver Programme for Indian Nationals but it says

Under the Programme, persons who have been granted leave to remain in the UK for up to 180 days may
  • travel to Ireland, within the time remaining on a current leave to remain in the UK,
    without the requirement to obtain an Irish visa, and
  • be granted permission to remain in Ireland up to a maximum of 90 days or the time
    left on their UK leave to remain, whichever is the shorter
But it's no where mentioned if an Indian with Tier 1 or Tier 2 need or doesn't need a visa to travel or can use this programme.

So, please help me with the query

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Travel To Ireland with Tier 1 Expiring - Do I need any Visa?

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 am

You need a visa for the South, not for the North.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ukindian2
Newly Registered
India

Post by ukindian2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Thanks. I was really waiting for a response by someone. So, I can't use Visa Waiver Programme if I am long term resident of UK.

Now, Please do you have any idea if I can apply for Ireland(South) visa with my Tier 1 expiring next month end and if so, how long they would they give for.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:22 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/pr ... -programme

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/visa-wai ... ct2016.pdf

It appears to be applicable to short stay UK visit visas and not long term visas as you hold.
3. What type of UK visas are covered?
Short stay visit visas granted to persons seeking to leave to enter or remain in the UK except
those seeking to enter as (i) a Visitor in Transit or (ii) a Visitor seeking to enter for the purpose
of marriage or to enter a civil partnership. Long-term visitors to the UK, for example longterm
student visas, persons seeking to join spouse or family reunification, are not
encompassed.
15. I am a national of one of the countries covered but am a long-term resident in the
UK or the Schengen area. Can I avail of the Programme?
Nationals of the countries above, who are long-term legal residents in the UK or the Schengen
area, will still require an Irish visa but will have the visa fee waived as part of the Programme.
The visa fee is usually €60 per person, including children, for a single visit, or €100 for a
multi-entry visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukindian2
Newly Registered
India

Post by ukindian2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Yes. You are right. Thanks very much for specific details and good to hear from you.

Now I have another doubt. Since my Tier 1 is expiring soon, will that be an issue in applying and receiving Irish Visa. I guess the answer is not straight unless I try it.

Regards