ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel while waiting for citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lolo82
Canada

travel while waiting for citizenship

Post by lolo82 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 pm

I have my residency card which is valid until 2022 and am 3 months in since applying for citizenship. am I able to travel while my application is being considered?

do I need to let INIS if I'm away for 10-14 days?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: travel while waiting for citizenship

Post by max307 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:08 pm

lolo82 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 pm
I have my residency card which is valid until 2022 and am 3 months in since applying for citizenship. am I able to travel while my application is being considered?

do I need to let INIS if I'm away for 10-14 days?
Yes, you are fine travelling abroad while waiting for the application to be processed.

Make sure you are carrying your Stamp 4/Stamp 4 EUFAM card when coming back to Ireland.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

ozozo
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: travel while waiting for citizenship

Post by ozozo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 pm

I am in the same situation.
I emailed and ask them last week if it is ok to travel and they wrote back to let them know the dates I'll be abroad for their records.