ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling while waiting for the approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spromsen24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Traveling while waiting for the approval

Post by spromsen24 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi,
I sent my application 3 months ago and was planning to go on holiday in July.
Great if I received the certificate and are able to do the Irish passport on time, however I was wondering what would happen if I don’t?
What if I only received the cert but don’t have enough time to apply for passport? Would I still be able to apply for re-entry visa or use gnib card when coming back? Thanks!

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Traveling while waiting for the approval

Post by max307 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 pm

spromsen24 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:00 pm
Hi,
Great if I received the certificate and are able to do the Irish passport on time, however I was wondering what would happen if I don’t?
What if I only received the cert but don’t have enough time to apply for passport? Would I still be able to apply for re-entry visa or use gnib card when coming back? Thanks!
Well you could apply for a re-entry visa now and travel with no concerns. You won't have the GNIB (IRP) card after the application is approved because it will need to be posted to INIS in order to get invited to a citizenship ceremony.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:57 pm

You can get a Stamp 6 if your current passport is still valid. Just produce your naturalisation certificate as a proof. See link below. There's an email there for you to schedule an appointment.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... Stamp%206)

Once you have the Stamp 6, you still need a re-entry visa. Just apply it in the normal way (registered mail).

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/vi ... -stamp5or6

spromsen24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by spromsen24 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:12 am

max307 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 pm
spromsen24 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:00 pm
Hi,
Well you could apply for a re-entry visa now and travel with no concerns. You won't have the GNIB (IRP) card after the application is approved because it will need to be posted to INIS in order to get invited to a citizenship ceremony.
I applied as a minor but will turn 18 this March. Do I still need to attend the citizenship ceremony?