ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after 31 Oct in case of No deal for British spouse under EU fam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bippin
Malaysia

Travelling after 31 Oct in case of No deal for British spouse under EU fam

Post by Bippin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi
I have to travel back to my home country to visit my granny who on 4th stage of cancer ,I can not postpone this trip for whatever reason and I wonder how can I return to Ireland later as if No Deal actually happen . I will leave on 5th of a Nov and return to Ireland on 22 November ,no way I will get an update residency card except the one I already has which will not valid anymore if no deal happen. How I will prove my residency right to border control and airline ? I know nobody will know exactly of this question what will happen but I would like some opinions or advice or whatever it might be ,possibly be as I would like to prepare myself for this situation . What should I tell and prove the Irish immigration? Thank you for all your opinion for this matter.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travelling after 31 Oct in case of No deal for British spouse under EU fam

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:43 pm

What permission do you have? I presume it's Stamp 4EUFAM?

If your stamp is valid when you come back, you shouldn't need to worry too much.

The UK Government has always maintained that in the event of a no-deal, the residency rights will for EU nationals and their family members will not be changed until 31 December 2020.

Although there is no date set by the Irish government, at least they have indicated that they are working on transferring the permission to be something under the domestic law (likely a normal Stamp 4).

While the details haven't been made available yet, I wouldn't expect that they can issue everyone a normal Stamp 4 on 1st November. There has to be a transit period that everyone can continue using their card for a while till the government can give everyone a new card.

Bippin
Malaysia

Re: Travelling after 31 Oct in case of No deal for British spouse under EU fam

Post by Bippin » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Yes you maybe right about transition period to transfer Eu fam to domestic one.Thank you again and much appreciate your answer.