ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling alone with Stamp 4EUFAM from UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ash_g
Ireland

Travelling alone with Stamp 4EUFAM from UK

Post by Ash_g » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi guys I've a quick question.

I hold a Stamp 4eu fam card, I got it through my mother marrying my step dad ( British national). Now I've always travel alone within the eu and non eu too and never got any hassle except sometimes at Irish immigration I get ask where my spouse is and I've to answer my eu national is my step dad.

I have work training in the uk for less than 24 hours, we go in the morning and come back at 5pm and training is in the airport hotel itself.

Lots of friends with the same visa travel for work and had no problem. Will I chance it too or is it a risk. I know for sure there's no immigration once you land in the uk if you travel from Ireland

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling alone with Stamp 4EUFAM from UK

Post by max307 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm
Hi guys I've a quick question.

I hold a Stamp 4eu fam card, I got it through my mother marrying my step dad ( British national). Now I've always travel alone within the eu and non eu too and never got any hassle except sometimes at Irish immigration I get ask where my spouse is and I've to answer my eu national is my step dad.

I have work training in the uk for less than 24 hours, we go in the morning and come back at 5pm and training is in the airport hotel itself.

Lots of friends with the same visa travel for work and had no problem. Will I chance it too or is it a risk. I know for sure there's no immigration once you land in the uk if you travel from Ireland
Most of the time the questions will arise from the airline staff in Ireland when boarding or trying to check-in, some check visas some don't check.

I just wanted to point out that while it's true that you are likely not to face any immigration officer when landing in the UK, I have experienced random checks in London on flights arriving from Dublin so can't say with certainty that you will be fine.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Im staff at the airport itself. Airline staff says we have people with the same visa that travel all the time and it's fine. I've even asked a people at Irish immigration and they said it's fine. They can't do anything about it except ask a few questions.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:33 pm
Im staff at the airport itself. Airline staff says we have people with the same visa that travel all the time and it's fine. I've even asked a people at Irish immigration and they said it's fine. They can't do anything about it except ask a few questions.
You know more than us then... :D

I'm not sure what will happen if someone gets stopped in the UK after landing from Ireland without a UK visa though. Technically it is an illegal entry, even to go to Belfast by land from Ireland a non-EU visa required national will need a UK visa so maybe something you can explore further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:35 pm

For peace of mind, I spoke with my lawyer. He said Eu fam doesn't need a visa so that's good to know.

No I don't really know a lot, it's always good to hear other people experiences too.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:32 pm

u dont need a visa only if your accompanied by eu citizen regardless of your relationship ie step father, spouse or any eu citizen under whom the residence card is issued.

max307 has clearly explain you how the residence card works it seems your still trying to convince your self that travelling alone without a visa is ok bottom line is its illegal!
just because people dont get cought doesn't constitute that they are doing the right thing.
irish immigration office will never tell you that you can travel alone to uk on stamp4 eufam
with out uk visa although you can return to ireland alone without a re entry visa.

in the wake of brexit they can at any time do random checks at airport not in possession of uk visa and not in company of eu citizen can result in deportation from uk to ireland which will have an adverse effect on your immigration history will certainly have an adverse impact on your application for permanent residence card and most likely have an adverse effect on citizenship application in future
Ireland and uk share immigration info in all immigration related matters

my recommendation is to get a multiple visit visa for 6 month for uk it takes only few days to get its not expensive and travel worry free.

i recommend you change your solicitor

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 pm

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

you can simply check here put your nationality
it will ask you if your traveling with family member and you have a artcle 10 residence card if you click yes it will say you dont need a visa if you click no it will tell you that you need a visa.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:03 am

I have stamp4 EuFAM and recently applied for UK visa.

I am not traveling with my EU spouse, in this case I need to apply UK visa. I have it confirmed by Home office, UK.

If you're traveling with EU family, then you need a UK visa.