ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to wales on a south african passport with my irish spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

South African spouse
South Africa

Travelling to wales on a south african passport with my irish spouse

Post by South African spouse » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 am

I want to go to wales with my irish born wife on holidays .please can someone advise me do I need a visa.i have a stamp 4 on my passport but it's not eufam.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travelling to wales on a south african passport with my irish spouse

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:08 am

You need a visa.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/sout ... ism/yes/no

You can apply for an EEA permit or a visitor visa. EEA permit is free but may take more time (as they need to verify the relationship between you and your spouse). A visitor visa costs around 110 euro last time I checked if you opt to do everything yourself, but you can apply for it on your own merit and you can travel to UK by yourself any time you want within the validity of the visa.

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:08 am
You need a visa.

You can apply for an EEA permit or a visitor visa. EEA permit is free but may take more time (as they need to verify the relationship between you and your spouse). A visitor visa costs around 110 euro last time I checked if you opt to do everything yourself, but you can apply for it on your own merit and you can travel to UK by yourself any time you want within the validity of the visa.
If receive my approval letter can i travel with that?I can't seem to find any info regarding this
Thank you for your previous advice

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:23 pm

South African spouse wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 am
littlerr wrote:
You need a visa.

If receive my approval letter can i travel with that?I can't seem to find any info regarding this
You are not an Irish citizen until you receive your naturalisation certificate.
Even if you have your certificate, it is not a valid travel document. You have to apply for a passport. If the airline staff or the police in the UK asks to see your ID, they will not accept that certificate..

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:27 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:23 pm
South African spouse wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 am
littlerr wrote:
You need a visa.

You are not an Irish citizen until you receive your naturalisation certificate.
Even if you have your certificate, it is not a valid travel document. You have to apply for a passport. If the airline staff or the police in the UK asks to see your ID, they will not accept that certificate..
Thank you for your response it's very frustrating hopefully I'll be sorted for a holiday next year🤞🤞