ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa accompanying spouce exercising treaty rights, requested proof of employment

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KieranShawn
Newly Registered

Visa accompanying spouce exercising treaty rights, requested proof of employment

Post by KieranShawn » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:53 am

I have re-posted this here as it pertains to an Irish visa.

My wife, who is Thai, has applied for an Irish visa based on accompanying me, who is British, while I exercise treaty rights by working in Ireland. We made the application 6 weeks ago, and they have now written asking for proof of my employment offer in Ireland and proof of our accommodation to be supplied within 10 days in order to make an assessment on the application. So far we have neither, our plan is to volunteer for a couple weeks, which includes accommodation, and then buy a camper and tour around while applying and interviewing for jobs.

I was under the impression that my wife was free to accompany me to Ireland while I looked for a job. Please advise on how to proceed, do you think I should be completely honest?

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Visa accompanying spouce exercising treaty rights, requested proof of employment

Post by Myself_andI » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:20 am

KieranShawn wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:53 am
I have re-posted this here as it pertains to an Irish visa.

My wife, who is Thai, has applied for an Irish visa based on accompanying me, who is British, while I exercise treaty rights by working in Ireland. We made the application 6 weeks ago, and they have now written asking for proof of my employment offer in Ireland and proof of our accommodation to be supplied within 10 days in order to make an assessment on the application. So far we have neither, our plan is to volunteer for a couple weeks, which includes accommodation, and then buy a camper and tour around while applying and interviewing for jobs.

I was under the impression that my wife was free to accompany me to Ireland while I looked for a job. Please advise on how to proceed, do you think I should be completely honest?
Hi,
We have gone through the process ourselves.
To get this visa you need to prove that you can profide for your wife and she will not be a burden to the state soyou need a job.It doesn’t say how much you can earn but you must earn something good enough for both.
So basically, what they ask you are what we all submit in these situations.

“proof that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen is exercising free movement rights in Ireland e.g. proof that the EU/ EEA/Swiss citizen already resides in the State or a declaration or statement of confirmation that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of the applicant family member’s arrival in Ireland - this is so that the visa officer can ascertain that the applicant family member will be residing in the State together with the citizen concerned.“

This is obligatory to provide residency and this is what they ask.Resides is the key word.

KieranShawn
Newly Registered

Re: Visa accompanying spouce exercising treaty rights, requested proof of employment

Post by KieranShawn » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:44 am

OK, so in our case the proof would be the "declaration or statement of confirmation that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of the applicant family member’s arrival in Ireland". As those rights extend to all EEA citizens they deem "qualified persons", and as they deem job seekers to be qualified persons, I should be good to be honest and declare that I will be exercising those treaty rights by being a job seeker at the time we arrive together, does that sound right?

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:53 am

KieranShawn wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:44 am
OK, so in our case the proof would be the "declaration or statement of confirmation that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of the applicant family member’s arrival in Ireland". As those rights extend to all EEA citizens they deem "qualified persons", and as they deem job seekers to be qualified persons, I should be good to be honest and declare that I will be exercising those treaty rights by being a job seeker at the time we arrive together, does that sound right?
I really cannot answer that.What I know is that I gave a lot of documends to get the visa without hustle and these included proof of residence,proof from employer and I even gave them a tax form to saw that I am paying taxes in the State.
My view was that the quote I’ve sent you was pretty clear in terms of residency so I really do not know if a simple declaration would be enough.
Maybe ask them directly

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:02 am

Well these if you plan to come to Ireland overall and remain for longer than 3 months in state also EU Citizens have the obligation to proof that they excercise their treaty laws by being employed i.e which kinda makes sense to me, because to stay longer will require certain things like money ... As much as I admire your plan of being Free Bird, the modern day society and therefore also immigration systems are not ready to grant such freedom.