Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa C application redirected in Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Visa C application redirected in Dublin

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:45 pm

Well I've sent a letter.
Maybe they will help and worse case they will not have a way to help.

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:23 am

Funny thing. I've been also spreading my case to every possible position possible. The embassy in Berlin told me the following.

I was asking back in the day if the 4 weeks time frame is manageable realisticly. So everything that helps I'd say.

Dear xxx,

it is four weeks. However, the four weeks start when we have received all the required documents rather than when you first issue the application.

Best wishes,

Xxx

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Visumabteilung/Visa Section

Botschaft von Irland/Embassy of Ireland

Jägerstr. 51, 10117 Berlin

http://www.embassyofireland.de/

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 am

Yeah apparently it is not 4 weeks nor 90 days as they've said.

What really gets me worked up though is that nowhere do they say when/if and under which conditions they redirect Visas to Dublin. Nor do they say that this means that this will take x amount of time. Cause if they told me that OK this happens and dude, it will take 3 months then I could relax instead of checking websites every day for decisions. Plus I could plan my life a bit better.

Apparently it does not make a difference that I am EU citizen and I assume that they check D visas at the same time with C spouse visas.Otherwise we should have had a result by now.

I have also sent an email to the SOLVE it page and they've said that they will send it back to my country and from the moment they will receive it, it will take 10 weeks to resolve it and if it can be resolved.

If the visa will take 10 more weeks, I am changing countries

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:29 am

I'm pretty sure that Solvit won't take that long. But I know what you're going through man honestly. Checking the "Join Family" Visa waiting time we're now at December 19th. I suppose that means the "normal Join Family visas"

Hopefully our accelerated process comes to work there. By the way do you have a date when the visa HQ in Dublin received your application?

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 am

No idea. No one is saying when they were sent from Russia or received from Dublin.

I know that they are received in Dublin otherwise they wouldn't say that it is under evaluation. So i am guessing that they are not in this category.

I have sent another email to the Immigration office for further clarification and I am waiting for reply

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:43 am

My HR Manager just sent me the following. She will come back to me once she clarified if the EU Treaty Law can be also applied for that change.

"On arrival in the State, eligible spouses and de facto partners will be granted an immigration permission with automatic right to work," said Justice Minister, Charlie Flanagan, whose department helped bring about the changes.
"This will enable critical skills permit holders and their families to quickly become established and assist in their integration in society," he added.

According to her this change made public this morning.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Yes it is true. I have read it also and at least it is one good piece of news

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Hopefully that frees some capacity to process Visas

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm

It most definitely will. Just as long as we manage to get them in the country this month :)

sembe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sembe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi Guys,

My spouse application from Eastern part of Africa also got sent to Dublin...we are in the same boat :roll:

The information i have is 4 weeks waiting. :oops:

...I guess that's all we can do...WAIT 8)

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Hey!

Welcome to our group!I am already 4 weeks as of today and still no news.

In relation to the working ability of spouses, I have found the article:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0 ... t-permits/

However it states that this is for "workers from outside Europe who are employed in Ireland under Critical Skills Employment Permits".

I don't think we are under this category as EU citizens.

sembe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sembe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:13 pm
Hey!

Welcome to our group!I am already 4 weeks as of today and still no news.

In relation to the working ability of spouses, I have found the article:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0 ... t-permits/

However it states that this is for "workers from outside Europe who are employed in Ireland under Critical Skills Employment Permits".

I don't think we are under this category as EU citizens.

Non EEA/ EU Spouse of EU citizens are not in that category at all. Completely unrelated.

Non EEA/ EU Spouse of EU citizens will get Stamp 4 visa while their application for EU Residence card is processed.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:34 pm

Yeah I was afraid of that...Thanks

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi guys,

I received this dissapointing reply:

“Hello

It is common procedure for Irish visa applications to be sent from the embassy/visa office in the applicant’s country to Dublin. Documents e.g. passport and other identity documents are first checked in the home country (to ascertain their authenticity) and then sent off to Dublin where the final decision is made.

C –visa (Short Stay) applications are granted for 90 days, this means that once granted and once the applicant comes to Ireland they cannot stay in the country for more than 90 days. However, these applications can also take up to 6 months to be processed.

Family members of EU Nationals who apply for C-Visas are treated as applying for Long-Stay (D-visa) as they will be seeking permission to remain in the State based on EU Treaty Rights once they arrive. These applications are usually processed quicker than other visa applications however, there is no defined time period set out in INIS policies within which the visa must be processed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact”.

So in Ireland tgeybare undocumented immigrants etc.and If I want to bring my wife I have to wait and go through all that?

And I ask if we were to bring them with a simple C and then apply for Stamps,how difficult would be to get it?

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:55 am

Was that a response from Solvit?

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 am

sembe wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:02 pm
Hi Guys,

My spouse application from Eastern part of Africa also got sent to Dublin...we are in the same boat :roll:

The information i have is 4 weeks waiting. :oops:

...I guess that's all we can do...WAIT 8)
Who gave you the information? The embassy?

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Embassy has no idea how long it will take.The all say 4 weeks but it is not 4 weeks.

This is an organisation that I have been speaking to in Dublin that are dealing with these kind of situations.They have an excellent idea of what is going on.

Also they advised me that maybe I should consult a solicitor to put pressure on them. They do not know if this will work but it might.

I am thinking about it.

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:20 pm

I suppose it's the Immigration Council of Ireland?

I've spoken with them as well but they were always steering me towards a D Visa and reacted suprised that there's a C Visa for spouses which intend to come to Ireland...

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:22 pm

But get in touch with Solvit and forward that to them. Put some pressure on Inis from that site also because that procedure sounds like discrimination towards our cause as we don't apply to the Join family procedure as per INIS

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Immigration office deals with immigration and they have no idea about anything else.The didn't even know that visa D does it include EU citizens.They told me the same thing and I told them that we do not intent to immigrate here. So I never dealt with them again.

I have made the request in SOLVE it and I think I will get a consultation from a lawyer i think. I will make some calls next week and I will get prices.