ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa to England from Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Megan Daniels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Visa to England from Ireland

Post by Megan Daniels » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:59 am

Hi everybody,

Thank you for reading!!!

Heres our story. My husband has a EU passport (Portuguese) We have lived in South Africa all our life. We are immigrating to Ireland on the stamp 4 for 5 years with our children, exercising treaty rights. Our plan is to move in with a relative for 2 weeks to set up (In Ireland) and then I want to go to England on a family visit visa to stay with my brother and sister in law with the children for a few weeks until my husband can secure employment and find us a place to rent. Ect. Anyways, long story short... I hear the stamp can take up to 12 weeks and I need to know if I can only get a visa to the uk with this stamp or can we go without a stamp???

Thank you for your help!!!!

Megan Daniels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Visa to England from Ireland

Post by Megan Daniels » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Oh sorry I forgot to add - myself and my children have South African passports.

Thank you

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Is your EU husband travelling with you and your children to the UK?

If you and your children get a Stamp 4 EUFAM in Ireland and are travelling together with your EU spouse to the UK then there is no need for a UK visa. If you and your children are travelling without your EU spouse then you all will need to apply for a UK visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Megan Daniels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Megan Daniels » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:52 pm

Thank you!!! Yes we are going without my husband as he needs to find work and get us a place in Ireland. So we need to go stay by family in England to save money while he gets a job ect.. BUT we will need to leave after 2 weeks of arriving in Ireland and I am guessing we wont have the stamp yet. As it says up to 12 weeks. Will we still be allowed to do a visa ?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Megan Daniels wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:52 pm
Thank you!!! Yes we are going without my husband as he needs to find work and get us a place in Ireland. So we need to go stay by family in England to save money while he gets a job ect.. BUT we will need to leave after 2 weeks of arriving in Ireland and I am guessing we wont have the stamp yet. As it says up to 12 weeks. Will we still be allowed to do a visa ?
No, you won’t be able to apply for a UK visa without the physical Stamp 4 EUFAM card so you will need to postpone your trip.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.