ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting 7 months for minor kids certicate of naturalisation after approval letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sheh1984
Newly Registered
Ireland

Waiting 7 months for minor kids certicate of naturalisation after approval letter

Post by Sheh1984 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:31 am

Hi guys.
I am waiting since last 7 months to receive certificate of naturalisation for my minor kids since submission of fees and photos. Emailed them twice got standard reply saying will process it in due course. Is it normal to wait 7 months just to get certificate of naturalisation for kids after submitting fees???

Slider
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Waiting 7 months for minor kids certicate of naturalisation after approval letter

Post by Slider » Fri May 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Hi,
I have the same issue - we are waiting for the certificate since Nov 2020. I wrote them several times and received just their standard answer - please be patient.

iceice304
Ireland

Re: Waiting 7 months for minor kids certicate of naturalisation after approval letter

Post by iceice304 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:51 pm

They sent approval letter for my child in October 2020 and I submitted fee and photographs. They are not able and capable of simply issue the certificate for minors. This shows the pathetic approach of department and how slow is their working ( if they still call it working of their department).

cooljester
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by cooljester » Sat May 22, 2021 10:59 pm

I have the same issue, got approval in oct, sent the fee & photos in nov ,till now there is no certificates sent.
They have ignored my email as well. How the best way we should follow up then ?

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:24 pm

I can feel what you all are going through !

Trust me they have printed the carts BUT due to some lazy workers in their office just forget about posting them!

This is totally unacceptable! Our children’s mostly were born here and bear in mind for children who were born here it’s their RIGHTS to have Irish citizenship even though it’s naturalization! I have confirmed this from a very well known Irish barrister can’t name it ! All I can say about him is that he was business partner in the law firm run by ex justice minister ( a famous minister who’ve speeded the citizenship process) I hope most of you have guessed it

The only and the only solution to this is PLEASE sens email to your local TD , minister for justices directly , minister for children and one opposition TD and one senator!

You don’t have to write separate email just wrote one and then copy paste it !

Please do put all the application detail I.e application number , Full name , DOB etc.

Please do share your worse experience with naturalization department and explain how this department has impacted you mentally !

Please I have sent email myself as it’s been over two years I’ve been waiting for approval and all I can say it’s been approved but a lazy person in dispatch department is not sending it over ! Holding all the children cases for no reason !!

My local TD and a senator who’ve I know are joy happy at all ! And are pushing hard to get a valid response from the department on this matter as I need to travel for my sons treatment and I am stuck because of them !

So please again don’t be lazy just keep sending the email or else no point to come here and complain !

KateProk
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by KateProk » Sun May 23, 2021 3:25 pm

If it is a right, there should be a law that states it? Where is this law? Give us a link. Otherwise it is just somebody said something.

(I'm not arguing that the department should handle children naturalization better. But I'm sceptical about the "right" part of your message)

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:18 pm

KateProk wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:25 pm
If it is a right, there should be a law that states it? Where is this law? Give us a link. Otherwise it is just somebody said something.

(I'm not arguing that the department should handle children naturalization better. But I'm sceptical about the "right" part of your message)
Hey Kate, it’s not me who’ve said that ! And I am not an expert in law either.
Certainly I’ll check with them and update this group!

BUT , what about those minors who’ve got approvals last year didn’t got their certs? What you say about them ! Technically they approved by the Irish state as citizens and I believe they have full right to question the state about the cert?

What about minors whose Both parents are Irish citizen by naturalization? What would you say about those minors ?

Even forget about rights or privilege! But as applicants we all have rights to know the answer from the state if they approve or decline the application for minors ? If we didn’t have right of answer then I believe we should shut the courts !

Secondly , I am not sure your situation but many parents that I know from this group and in other are in frustrations ! Every one have some story !

For me I am a single father and my son is disable and neither the health system has helped me nor the naturalization! Need to travel for treatment which isn’t possible over here and getting people stuck for a simple think ! I believe that is a torture or some sort of punishment from the state to some us and our minors!

If I can work from home and a job which is 1000 time more difficult then what those in naturalization people do !, I believe they can do better job . I Pay 1000s in tax every month and as Irish citizen myself I think I do have atleast some Right to ask this blody department as why they are delaying a simple straight forward case ! And not to blame everything on pandemic !

Unfortunately, when there isn’t any response then I have to ask my TD and ministers to intervene and I am sure you know how things work here 😉, anyway my point is those who are just complaining over here should reach to their local TD and minister for an answer and complain to them atleast there is some loud noise is initiated which could be heard by those who are lazy in that department to atleast work

KateProk
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by KateProk » Mon May 24, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi Ali, I agree with your point that the department should deal with children naturalization much efficiently. And I know how the things work in Ireland; we need to make noise so the situation is improved. Regarding my situation -- I'll apply for my child in a couple of months.

I asked about the right because if you're correct and there is indeed the right for minors born in Ireland, it brings to a MUCH better position than if it is only a privilege. Because we (parents) can go to courts and say give my child the citizenship, it is their right. But if it is the privilege, all we can do is to complain that the decision takes too long.