ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waive €300 Application Fee

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

handoubleu
United States of America

Waive €300 Application Fee

Post by handoubleu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:56 am

I recently noticed that my permission is supposed to be valid until 31 December 2021. However, my IRP card and the stamp they placed in my passport is only valid until 31 October 2021. I have been emailing Burgh Quay Registration for four months now and finally received the instruction to "apply online and change the date of my IRP card to the date of the email."

When I go to renew online I am then asked to pay the €300.00. I have not received any instruction since and inquired whether I was going to need to pay this again. Has anyone else been required to pay this and then are reimbursed? Surely they are not requiring I pay twice on a mistake they made?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Waive €300 Application Fee

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:20 pm

I'd simply wait till the 1 month before it expires (i.e. 30 September) and then apply for renewal as normal. They will issue you a new IRP card valid for the correct period (that is, 1 or 2 or 3 or 5 year etc depending on the basis of your application). They won't give you just 2 months.

You can leave a note in the application and ask them to give you 2 extra months, but it's unlikely that they would give you that.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:26 am

Hi,

I got the money back from them once, but this was totally different case with free of charge IRP card.

Instructions was quite simple, they ask to pay for whole process, than write email with application number and subject "FEE REFUND".

BR.

handoubleu
United States of America

Post by handoubleu » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Good news - they emailed me back and said they would now issue a new IRP card without having to renew online/pay the €300.00 twice.

I would normally have waited, but since I am on a Stamp 2 and will be switching to a Stamp 1G - I could not wait i.e. I cannot apply for a Stamp 1G before the expiration of my Stamp 2 (31 October 2021) nor renew Stamp 2 since I am no longer going to be a student. As such, I needed the grace period between the months of October and December. Hope if someone is in the same position they can use this thread!

Thanks again everyone!