ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What the second letter says

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lolo82
Canada

What the second letter says

Post by lolo82 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi all

I decided to type out my Second Stage Letter as there are posts asking what the specific letter says (I was one of them...)

The letter reads:

"Dear Lolo82,

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for naturalisation.

Your application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing.

Your application has been processed with a view to establish whether you meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as our enquires are complete and all required documentation has been complied.

In general, it take 6 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision is made. However, the nature of the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases take longer than others to process. It is a statutory requirement that, *inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. As a result, there will always be a proportion of cases that take longer than the norm to process.

If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it. Otherwise you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister's decision on your application.

It would greatly assist us if you only contact us if It is absolutely nesseccary as this will allow us to devout the maximum time to the processing of applications.

Please quote your reference number on all correspondence with this office.

Yours sincerely,
Processing Team 3"

*among other things

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: What the second letter says

Post by masterboy123 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:46 pm

This is the first letter I received from them. They requested police certificate which I submitted and got an acknowledgement that they have received the police cert.

What letter is expected to come next? Is it approval letter in 6 months time?