ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Witness in Northern Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

northerner2021
Newly Registered

Witness in Northern Ireland?

Post by northerner2021 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:21 am

Can anyone give any advice about the following:

My wife and I live in Northern Ireland and her application for citizenship is based on residency on the island of Ireland. Our application has been successful so far, but we now have a declaration of fidelity to sign in the presence of a witness. The document itself does not state that the legal witness (solicitor or notary public) should be resident ONLY in the State. However, we don't want to take any risks, even though our entire application is based on 'residing in Northern Ireland (on the island of Ireland)'.

Does anyone have any links or help to offer to show that a lawyer from Northern Ireland would be accepted?

Thank you.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Witness in Northern Ireland?

Post by Vorona » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:09 pm

The Witness must be resident in the State and the Declaration must be administered / witnessed in the State:

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... -Certs.pdf

northerner2021
Newly Registered

Re: Witness in Northern Ireland?

Post by northerner2021 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Thank you for sending that to me, Vorona. I have contacted INIS about this since on a previous occasion, regarding utility bills, it was again stipulated that these must be from within the State. I was later informed by INIS that if I wasn't resident in the State, it could be from the island of Ireland instead. I just wanted clarity. Thank you.