ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work authorization visa valid for citizenship?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MirchInIr
Newly Registered
Australia

Work authorization visa valid for citizenship?

Post by MirchInIr » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi all!

I am in the process of applying for citizenship and I had a couple of questions I was hoping you lovely people be able to help me out with.

1. I have a lot of stamps on my passport. What dates are considered for calculation? The date when I entered Ireland under the critical skills visa (stamp received at the airport) or the date when the GNIB card was issued? Reading through the other forums, it looks like stamp dates are used for calculating residence, however, I got a conflicting response from a lawyer.

2. I was in Ireland on a working holiday visa in 2016, which I believe is stamp 1? Although my base was Dublin, I worked for an Australian company and paid taxes in Australia. Would that still be considered as reckonable residence?

3. Lastly, my first critical skills permit was issued in Nov 2015. I quit that job and returned my work permit in Feb 2016 and switched to working holiday visa in April 2016 (I wasn't in the country during the switch period). I had contacted the immigration office to confirm what dates should I enter in the calculator, as I don't know the date on which my first critical skills permit was cancelled. They couldn't help me with that information :( . Who can I contact to get that info?

Thanks heaps in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Work authorization visa valid for citizenship?

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:17 pm

1. GNIB. Only refugees can back trace their start date to the arrival date. Before this year, the GNIB stamp will have a start and end date. They are the date you should use.

From this year onwards, passports will no longer be stamped, so you will need to ask GNIB for a list of stamp history if you have new permissions issued this year.

2. Yes.

3. Same as #1. Check the dates in your passport.