ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working holiday visa/3 month visitor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sophie4187

working holiday visa/3 month visitor

Post by sophie4187 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:24 pm

..me again..

missing my girlfriend baaaaad and was wondering.. can i go to ireland for the 3 months I'm allowed and then still be able to get a working holiday visa later in the year?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:55 am

Yes you can, but please note that once you come in once , in that capacity, you will be unable to explore it in future.

Make sure you apply for it at a time, you think you will enjoy it the most.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 am

I don't understand your reply I guess..

I already have my ticket to come in January and I'm staying until April which is almost 90 days. I planned on coming back in June or July on a working holiday visa as I am in a year long relationship with an Irish citizen.. once my working holiday visa was just about up, we were going to apply for the de facto visa, as by that time, we will have been together for over 2 years..

am I not allowed that?

kazinirl

Post by kazinirl » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:04 am

sophie4187 wrote:once my working holiday visa was just about up, we were going to apply for the de facto visa, as by that time, we will have been together for over 2 years..am I not allowed that?
Hi,

As far as I know, once your working holiday visa is up, you must leave Ireland.
So you would have to apply for the defact visa from your country, and if your application was granted, you would be allowed to come back to Ireland and live with your girlfriend.

Good luck

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 am

sophie4187 wrote:I don't understand your reply I guess..

I already have my ticket to come in January and I'm staying until April which is almost 90 days. I planned on coming back in June or July on a working holiday visa as I am in a year long relationship with an Irish citizen.. once my working holiday visa was just about up, we were going to apply for the de facto visa, as by that time, we will have been together for over 2 years..

am I not allowed that?
You do realise that you have to be physically together, with proof, for 2 years and not just in a relationship for 2 years?

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 pm

First of all, you don't have to be "physically" together for the whole 2 years, if you've proof of the relationship lasting the duration of the time. I've read plenty of posts, same sex and straight couples, that were long distance and only lived together less than a year and got the visa. This is why I want to come over on a working holiday visa.. I will be living with her for almost a year and half.. We have all of our emails, photos, plane tickets, phone logs, etc. to prove the stability and duration of our relationship so far-

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:58 pm

kazinirl wrote:
sophie4187 wrote:once my working holiday visa was just about up, we were going to apply for the de facto visa, as by that time, we will have been together for over 2 years..am I not allowed that?
Hi,

As far as I know, once your working holiday visa is up, you must leave Ireland.
So you would have to apply for the defact visa from your country, and if your application was granted, you would be allowed to come back to Ireland and live with your girlfriend.

Good luck
Thank you. That is what I was thinking.. I was just making sure that when I stayed on my 90 day allowance that it wouldn't affect me getting me working holiday visa. You see, I will be staying from January to April and then applying for the working holiday visa (I'm from the US) when I get home in April.. they say it takes about 2 months to go through. If that is given, I will come back to Ireland in June on my working holiday visa, which I am applying for a year. During the year I am there on that visa, my girlfriend and I will go to Dublin and apply for the de facto visa in person after December, when our relationship will be over 2 years. I know it is better to go together, in person, to the place in Dublin to apply for the de facto, so that is what I'm trying to do. I just wanted to make sure it was ok that I came for 90 days and then applied for a working holiday to come 2/3 months later :)

Thanks again

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:31 pm

sophie4187 wrote:First of all, you don't have to be "physically" together for the whole 2 years, if you've proof of the relationship lasting the duration of the time. I've read plenty of posts, same gender and straight couples, that were long distance and only lived together less than a year and got the visa. This is why I want to come over on a working holiday visa.. I will be living with her for almost a year and half.. We have all of our emails, photos, plane tickets, phone logs, etc. to prove the stability and duration of our relationship so far-
Er, yes you do if you want to live together afterwards on the visa that you mentioned earlier. The people you are referring to are either coming on a fiance or spouse visa.

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

http://www.newtotown.ie/forum/moving-ir ... isa-2.html

they were just bf/gf and had no proof of living together and got it

http://www.newtotown.ie/forum/moving-ir ... -2595.html
"Hi,

I am a New Zealand citizen and and my partner Irish.
I came over to Ireland 2008 on a Working Holiday Visa (valid for 12 months only) thereafter I applied for a Defacto Relationship Visa that has allowed me to stay here with my partner and work. You have to renew your visa every 12 months however you don't have to go through all the paperwork again.. all you need to do is turn up together at the Garde' station in town and they will renew you Visa, your Partner HAS to be with you or they might see it as a scam and could deny your visa renewal.

We had been together for 4 years and only lived together for 12 months on the dot when applying for my Defacto Visa. It was nerve wrecking but what a blessing. We are happy as ever and love living here in Ireland. You are well within your rights to apply for this Visa and still I have to say, that if you can satisfy your case worker with enough evidence of your love, as you said you have a copy of your booking for your wedding..you'll be flying. Keep your chin up. Things have a funny way of working out.

Wishing you all the best
N"

---as with these people AND this couple

http://www.newtotown.ie/forum/visa-work ... l#post6862
"Hi all, I just thought I'd come on here and tell my story because this board was very useful to me when I was prepping my application for this scheme.

I (American) and my boyfriend (Irish) have been together for 3 1/2 years and just successfully applied for me to remain based on our relationship. I studied abroad in Ireland in fall 2005, went home but remained in a long-distance relationship with my boyfriend for 18 months, came back to Ireland in Sept 2007 to do a masters and have been here since. I graduated in December 2008 and have been on my 6 months allowed post graduation under the graduate scheme. We sent off our application exactly a week ago and received the response yesterday, which stated I was approved for a stamp 4.

Here's what we sent in the application:
- copies of every page of both our passports
- our lease agreement (we've been living together for 9 months)
- PRTB letters sent to each of us at our address (just proof that our landlady registered our tenancy and that we actually do live here)
- an ESB bill sent to our address with my boyfriend's name
- a bank statement sent to me at this address
- mini statements of our bank accounts to show we have some funds (we're not rich by any means, I only had E380 in my account)
- recent pay stubs from our employer (we work for the same company) to show we're gainfully employed
- a letter from my boyfriend's parents attesting to the duration and stability of our relationship
- a letter from a professional friend of mine attesting the same
- documentation to show my boyfriend's father added me to the register to receive free flights from Aer Lingus (as he's an employee of them and is allowed to do this) and showing the times my boyfriend went to America to see me during our time apart
- a collection of photos of us together (77 in total, from throughout our relationship, luckily we even have pics from the day after we met)
- a collection of emails we sent each other during our long distance period (good thing I saved every one of those!)
- all the phone bills I had from our long distance period showing consistent calls to his mobile number

I included a cover letter briefly outlining the course of our relationship and my intentions to remain with my partner, work, and contribute to society. I then attached a list outlining what I had included in the package. All of this documentation was apparently sufficient to award me approval.

So basically, even if you haven't been living together and sharing bank accounts for the whole duration of your relationship, you may still be approved if you have enough evidence of the relationship going on longer. We've only been living together for 9 months, don't have a shared account, and all the bills are in his name, but we were still approved.

Hope this helps someone! "

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:47 pm

"Myself and my boyfriend found out on Tuesday that we had gotten the de facto visa, so I thought I'd post what we did for anyone looking for info.

I am Irish and he is Thai, we have been together for almost three years, the first year and a half, we lived together in thailand, and in the last year I have been here in Ireland and he came over once in January (tourist visa) and came back again in july on another tourist visa. I called the immigration in burgh quay and they explained that it is possible to apply while he is here on a tourist visa and that he has to be here in the country to apply. (You can call them Tues and Thurs between 10-12.30, they are really helpful).

The big problem we were worried about was the fact that we had absolutely no proof that we lived together for the year and a half, as we did not have a tenancy agreement or even any receipts. What we did supply washotos, emails, invitations to us both, our recent bank statements, copy of every page of our passports, phone bills from the times we were apart, my car insurance policy with his name on it and it stated that he was my 'common law spouse' (the only official doc with our names on it), letter to explain our relationship, letter to show we had our accomodation sorted, letter from him saying he would not be a burden on the state.

I think the main thing is that if they see you are genuine you will be ok, we didn't really have any official documents with both our names on it or anything like joint bank accounts.

He was due to go back two weeks before we applied, I explained this and we got it back exactely a week after they recieved it.

Good Luck to anyone applying, and i advise anyone with any questions to call them, I was very impressed with their friendliness and the help they gave us. "

Plenty of people are getting them only being partners/gf/bf..

kazinirl

Post by kazinirl » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:07 pm

sophie4187 wrote:I was just making sure that when I stayed on my 90 day allowance that it wouldn't affect me getting me working holiday visa.
Hi,

I only know the stories about Japanese working holiday makers in Ireland. I think Japanese and US citizen are in the same situation.
Some of them had been to Ireland as a tourist or student before they got working holiday visa. (Of course they had to apply for it from JPN)
So I think there would be no problem for you to try your plan, but you should make sure with the organization of US-IRL Working holiday program. Also there might be a limited numbers for issuing the visa for a every period.

About the de facto visa, a friend of mine got granted about a year ago.
She wasn't living with her Irish partner in Ireland, but they visited each other some number of times and travelled together over seas a lot.

So I reckon you have a chance to get Working holiday visa and then the de facto.

But please don't 100% rely on this information. All cases are different.
Also Immigration might get tougher.
You need to check WH visa with Irish Embassy in US and Inis for De facto yourself.

Good Luck

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:11 pm

kazinirl wrote:
sophie4187 wrote:I was just making sure that when I stayed on my 90 day allowance that it wouldn't affect me getting me working holiday visa.
Hi,

I only know the stories about Japanese working holiday makers in Ireland. I think Japanese and US citizen are in the same situation.
Some of them had been to Ireland as a tourist or student before they got working holiday visa. (Of course they had to apply for it from JPN)
So I think there would be no problem for you to try your plan, but you should make sure with the organization of US-IRL Working holiday program. Also there might be a limited numbers for issuing the visa for a every period.

About the de facto visa, a friend of mine got granted about a year ago.
She wasn't living with her Irish partner in Ireland, but they visited each other some number of times and travelled together over seas a lot.

So I reckon you have a chance to get Working holiday visa and then the de facto.

But please don't 100% rely on this information. All cases are different.
Also Immigration might get tougher.
You need to check WH visa with Irish Embassy in US and Inis for De facto yourself.

Good Luck
Thank you for your help. I have contacted the Burgh Quay in Dublin and they said that it shouldn't be a problem.. it's still 6 months away so I have time.. just trying to get everything sorted out. Once again though, I do appreciate your help

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 am

meats wrote:Er, yes you do if you want to live together afterwards on the visa that you mentioned earlier. The people you are referring to are either coming on a fiance or spouse visa.
Meats, perhaps you are getting confused with the UK Immigration Rules.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

sophie4187

Post by sophie4187 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Hey,

To get a working holiday visa, I can still be in college right? I take college courses online therefore can travel whenever I please. I don't have to be graduated from college to get one do I?