ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried sick (eu1)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jhbmike

Worried sick (eu1)

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:57 am

Hi all
Having come across this forum and reading the horror stories regarding eu1 residence which I am current awaiting a decision on, I am now sick with worry. I arrived in Ireland with my then wife from Lithuania where we had lived for 3 years. I got my gnib card the same day I got here as well as my pps number and it was a simple enough process. Ive now been in Ireland over 2 years and have had my car renewd once, however when I went to renew it in January this year I was told the rules had changed and that I now had to apply for this eu1.
What worries me is that last year I got divorced but got remarried in January this year in Ireland to a Latvian national who has lived here 4 years and we own a house together and we had a son recently.
My question is do you think with this new rule I would be ok as I lived in Lithuania for 3 years.
When I eventually got through to the department on the phone yesterday I asked him about this court ruling and how come I was never asked to submit documentation that I have lived in another eu country. He said that it would be fine as i Was already living here on the basis that I was an eu national before this new rule came into affect. Im not sure if he was just fobbing me off.

Any thoughts from anyone?

stmani

Post by stmani » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 pm

did anybody else get any refusal????? im waiting for my refusal for 8 months.....no hopes!!!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:31 pm

I dont think you might be in trouble as the law states that you should have been resident in another E.U country before moving here.It doesn't mention if you should have lived as a couple there before or if you should have moved here with the same spouse. Where are you from originally?
Last edited by archigabe on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:39 pm

thats what i was thinking but they change the rules so often.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:40 pm

im frrom south frica