ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After getting citizenship and moving to the UK, can I bring my money without it being taxed?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LolaW
Newly Registered

After getting citizenship and moving to the UK, can I bring my money without it being taxed?

Post by LolaW » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi all

So i became a british citizen and now plan to move the UK and bring my money with me. Is money going to be taxed? Will they ask where I got this money? Or can I transfer it from my overseas account to my UK one (when I open one) without any problems?

Has anyone had any issues with this?

Thanks

vinny

Re: After getting citizenship and moving to the UK, can I bring my money without it being taxed?

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:16 am

It's complicated. You should consult an accountant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gothical
Newly Registered

Re: After getting citizenship and moving to the UK, can I bring my money without it being taxed?

Post by gothical » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:15 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:32 pm

gothical wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:15 pm
Here is a good article on this:

https://www.ft.com/content/d639ffca-73d ... 144feabdc0
Articles on FT are not visible to people that do not pay a subscription to the newspaper.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.