ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for provisional licence w/o sending originals by post?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sm12
Diamond Member

Apply for provisional licence w/o sending originals by post?

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:56 pm

I am looking to apply for a provisional licence but the Gov.uk page suggests I will have to post my passport and residence permit to the DVLA office.
Is there any way I can get these documents checked in person, rather than sending them by post?
I hold a non European passport and have a Tier 1 Entrepreneur residence permit, so it seems I will have to post the above documents?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply for provisional licence w/o sending originals by p

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 am

Nope, you have to send your original documents. You get them back fairly quickly though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Apply for provisional licence w/o sending originals by p

Post by sm12 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:07 am

Thank you, CR001.