ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are you entitled to FREE NHS treatment.

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tot

Are you entitled to FREE NHS treatment.

Post by tot » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:16 pm

-Visa's are granted.
-Contract Job is supposed to start from 1st week of Jan'11.
-Dependent is 7mth pregnant. Delivery due around end of December'10.
-Planning to fly together before the 36th week limit for pregnancy cases..i.e fly by last week of Nov'10.

Query :

Will the delivery be charged or be considered to Free NHS treatment?? Note that the job offer is from 10th Jan'11.

Any experience??

-tot

John

Post by John » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:28 pm

The two of you have the visas and so the two of you are perfectly entitled to use the NHS, and that includes for matters that are pregnancy-related.
John

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 pm

You shouldn't have a problem as you have a job offer.

4.27 Regulation 8(a) and 8(b) - A person is exempt from charges when they are present in the UK (and other designated places specified in the Charging Regulations) for the purpose of engaging in employment with an employer who has his principle place of business in the UK or is registered in the UK as a branch of an overseas company, or for engaging in employment as a self-employed person whose principle place of business is in the UK. It is not sufficient to have the right to work here, they must be actually in work or have a firm and specific job offer if they are here shortly before commencing it. See paragraph 4.37 for spouses/civil partners/children.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/gro ... 113267.pdf

tot

Post by tot » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:27 pm

aruni4470 wrote:You shouldn't have a problem as you have a job offer.

4.27 Regulation 8(a) and 8(b) - A person is exempt from charges when they are present in the UK (and other designated places specified in the Charging Regulations) for the purpose of engaging in employment with an employer who has his principle place of business in the UK or is registered in the UK as a branch of an overseas company, or for engaging in employment as a self-employed person whose principle place of business is in the UK. It is not sufficient to have the right to work here, they must be actually in work or have a firm and specific job offer if they are here shortly before commencing it. See paragraph 4.37 for spouses/civil partners/children.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/gro ... 113267.pdf
John wrote:The two of you have the visas and so the two of you are perfectly entitled to use the NHS, and that includes for matters that are pregnancy-related.
Thanks both of you'll...frankly i did not expect any answer on this forum...but this is just gr8 platform with some really expert & genuine guys.

To appreciate the fact the reply is instant with proper links, legal & valid ones.

:)

Thanks a lot...hats off to both of you'll....!! :D

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Do remember that most airlines require a medical certificate after 28 weeks and will not let pregnant women fly after 36 weeks. Do check in advance with the airline you intend to travel with.

regards

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:19 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Do remember that most airlines require a medical certificate after 28 weeks and will not let pregnant women fly after 36 weeks. Do check in advance with the airline you intend to travel with.

regards
Tot. I would like to know which airline will let you fly just before the 36th week?? From experience you are taking a big risk flying just before 36th week. I strongly advise you check with your airline. I would imagine most wont let you fly that close to delivery. Think the actual cut-off is more around the 32nd week but thats just from the airlines I have flown on.

And you do definately need the letter from your doc or they will refuse you.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Unless you have family to provide support, do you think it wise to have your spouse travel to UK at such an advanced stage of pregnancy and then also care for self and the baby all alone, with you joining work within weeks of child birth?

Do give it a thought.

regards

tot

Post by tot » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Unless you have family to provide support, do you think it wise to have your spouse travel to UK at such an advanced stage of pregnancy and then also care for self and the baby all alone, with you joining work within weeks of child birth?

Do give it a thought.

regards

Sure...we have relatives out there sister in-law & so caring is not a concern at all as things once arrived is already discussed. My concern is complications during flight. How about october end between start Nov.?

mtuckersa wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Do remember that most airlines require a medical certificate after 28 weeks and will not let pregnant women fly after 36 weeks. Do check in advance with the airline you intend to travel with.

regards
Tot. I would like to know which airline will let you fly just before the 36th week?? From experience you are taking a big risk flying just before 36th week. I strongly advise you check with your airline. I would imagine most wont let you fly that close to delivery. Think the actual cut-off is more around the 32nd week but thats just from the airlines I have flown on.

And you do definately need the letter from your doc or they will refuse you.
British airways, & I think the letter from doctor should not be a problem this link says... http://www.britishairways.com/travel/he ... blic/en_gb
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/he ... blic/en_gb
http://www.goworldtravel.com/ex/aspx/ar ... /print.htm
http://www.suite101.com/content/airline ... en-a247432