ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certify documents in southampton

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ncutmore
Newly Registered

Certify documents in southampton

Post by ncutmore » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I am applying for a fiance visa and am trying to get a solicitor to certify copied documents. Any help or a contact would be appreciated. Thanks

noajthan

Re: Certify documents in southampton

Post by noajthan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:19 pm

ncutmore wrote:I am applying for a fiance visa and am trying to get a solicitor to certify copied documents. Any help or a contact would be appreciated. Thanks
Suggest start here:
http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:53 pm

The Post Office also offers the service for a small fee (cheaper than solicitors).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ncutmore
Newly Registered

Post by ncutmore » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks for the comments, I have been told that the signature has to be a solicitor or notary so not sure I am able to use the post office. I have contacted a few solicitors but they do not return my calls or mails, would be good if anyone has used a solicitor in this area

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 pm

I used the Post Office to certify my husbands British passport for visa purposes, it was accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.