ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a medical exam before I go to the UK?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Snoozles

Do I need a medical exam before I go to the UK?

Post by Snoozles » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:08 am

If I can remember correctly, I once read that only certain countries needs to do medical examinations before they go to the UK.

Can sombody please tell me where to find this list.

I am from South Africa, and would like to know if I have to have a medical exam.

How does the medical exam work? Do I only need X rays to scan for TB?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:15 am

If you are not a citizen of the EU, EEA or Switzerland wrote:If you come from certain countries and want to stay in the United Kingdom for more than six months, we will normally ask a medical inspector to examine you. If you have a United Kingdom pre-departure tuberculosis (TB) detection certificate, please give it to the officer when you arrive.
Last edited by vinny on Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 pm

For all first timers, they have a mandatory check at the airport and if u r from S. asia(India, Pakistan etc.) they want to see ur chect x ray.

Apparently TB is prevalent and has been brought over to UK from people in this area which is a big concern, the first thing they are going to ask is chest x ray at airport, so do have that as ur hand bag

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp100 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:08 am

Thanks,,,

do I need to get the test done at only recommended hospital or I can get it done through any reputed hospital?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Depends on the country you are applying from.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.